z

Young Writers Society

Weird Places to Write

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed May 13, 2009 4:37 pm
Conrad Rice says...

I write anywhere I can prop my notebook on my lap. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 pm
Chloe(: says...

I'm getting a laptop for my birthday, which is quite soon, so for now I either steal the family laptop up to my room, or write on my desktop.

But the best writing happens dusk in my room with the laptop.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu May 14, 2009 12:03 am
Clo says...

I can never sit at a desk, or anything. I like to sit on a couch with my laptop, or on a chair. Comfy place! Which isn't all that weird.
How am I not myself?

402 Reviews

Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 am
Clo says...

I can never sit at a desk, or anything. I like to sit on a couch with my laptop, or on a chair. Comfy place! Which isn't all that weird.
How am I not myself?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am
erratik_statik says...

Umm a beach at sundown, getting eaten by mosquitoes in the dark, with nothing to lean on but my knee and a pen filled with sand. And with more mosquitoes (it was insane), sandfleas an the tide all fighting each other to devour my legs.

The sunset was worth it though :-):-)
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas. . . . . .

"The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock" T.S Eliot

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm
Carlito says...

I work best on a computer but if I get little ideas or something, I write them down on the closest available piece of paper. Sticky notes are the bomb.

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu May 28, 2009 9:38 pm
RainWanderer says...

I like to sit on the grass in the park near my house. The wind is nice there. Sometime I use paper and pencils(I just have a strange hatred against pen.) when I wander around in rain. Rain give me most inspiration.Yup, the paper will get wet a little, but I can still read it and write on it.
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

402 Reviews

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:22 am
Wiggy says...

Hmmm...huddled on a park bench for two hours. In my car at night. In my car outside my friend's house. In my car with my obnoxiously loud family. On my bed. Really, anywhere!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:58 am
Hippie says...

I can't see out the side windows of my car because I hung jumpers there to keep the sun off my laptop screen. On writing days I drive off somewhere on our property with my laptop, sketchbook and a few apples and stay out for up to seven hours - until the battery runs out. Cars make good offices - at least, my Sierra does anyway.

If I'm low on petrol I just grab a fold-up chair, although with it being winter now in Australia, it's a bit cold for that. Getting away from the house is very important. I can't get inspired at my desk.

The worst place I've written is in the back of our family car whilst four-wheel-driving. I gave up pretty quickly. If I didn't have an SSD my laptop would have been kaput.

The best place I've written was on the bank of our dam on a hot summers day, although I spent more time skinny dipping than writing. Good times.

I'd like to write at the beach. I think I'll do that some time. Or on top of a mountain perhaps...
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:04 am
MagnusBane says...

I've been on laundry duty lately, so I've taken to sitting on the washer and writing there. Weird, I know. :D
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

Random avatar

Reviews: 47
Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:13 am
quietloud798 says...

I like to sit on my fence and lean on this huge shrub protruding out of my neighbors backyard.
She doesn't care, and I doubt she could see me anyway.
I've always wondered what's back there.
Oh, and sometimes I'll write on my grandmother's swinging chair in her backyard when I'm on break from working for her.
NaNoWriMo, ftw.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:36 am
tori1234 says...

For me:

Novels/Short Stories-on my bed, by my pond, with college ruled paper

Songs-on my phone (which is very difficult with a low battery)

Poems-on the back of receipts in my dad's sissy truck. If it's not on a receipt (preferably Lowe's or Home Depot) I can't write one darn line of poetry!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain