z

Young Writers Society

Weird Places to Write

Reviews: 1
Sat May 09, 2009 6:07 pm
thewriterkid says...

Okay, so I got this idea of the internet to write one of my novels on my iPod touch. It's a lot easier than I thought it would be, and I'm having a lot of fun being able to carry it with my wherever I go. It made me wonder though, where are some other weird places you guys write? Come on! I know there's something.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat May 09, 2009 6:52 pm
Teufelshund says...

Writing poetry on blank white printer paper on a clipboard in bed. Once you do it, you'll never want to write on ruled paper ever again.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat May 09, 2009 7:46 pm
ZaddieCaso says...

It sounds weird but theres an old oak at a park near me and when you climb right to the top you can see the whole of my city. I love writing there, it's inspiring but I do sound a bit weird saying I write in a tree :)
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

Jean-Paul Sartre

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat May 09, 2009 9:58 pm
Rosendorn says...

I write on a twelve-year-old laptop, on my bed, in my room.

Poetry gets its own special pad of newsprint. And I usually write it in bed.

Unless I have a double-bed to relax on, my writing tends not to be that good. xD
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sat May 09, 2009 10:03 pm
Blink says...

How do you write on your i-touch? That'd be cool. A little difficult, probably, but cool.

I tend to stick to my desktop, but sometimes I'll jot down sentences or ideas in the middle of the night. Anywhere else and I'm afraid people will see. =)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat May 09, 2009 11:02 pm
MeadowLark says...

I sit on the back step, my feet on the railing and write.

I also wrote in a rowboat in our pond while my brother rowed--although my paper got splashed a few times.

Sitting out in the bush I've done lots! Escpecially when I first started writing. Always by a creek or pond. It's quite relaxing with the birds around you.

But I can write anywhere and it's usually in notebooks. It's easier so I can sit outside. But I have several things on the computer.
Last edited by MeadowLark on Mon May 11, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

Reviews: 3
Mon May 11, 2009 12:38 am
Moody says...

Sometimes I will write in a notebook or on scrap paper in during class or in the car. Mostly I just write on my computer in word or notepad though.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon May 11, 2009 12:59 am
Lauren2010 says...

Man I wish my writing was as portable as all of yours. I don't think I can write anything substantial with a pen and paper, my best writing is done on the computer. So I get stuck at my desk in my room. Now a lap top would help rid me of this constraint...hmm.

I will do really really rough drafts in notebooks I have dedicated to writing. That's usually in school, which is a very bad place to start writing I have found. I end up not paying attention and then my grades suffer. hah.
Got YWS?

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon May 11, 2009 1:13 am
tinny says...

I have the habit of writing on my phone; it's nothing as fancy as an iPod touch, just has a notes function for me to thumb a few things into when I'm sat on long bus trips and stuff.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

Reviews: 4
Mon May 11, 2009 1:14 am
Joyfulnoise says...

Where don't I write?? Usually, I get weird inspiration in lots of different places, and if I'm lucky, there's a pen handy that I can use to tatoo my ideas on my arms. Gum wrappers, poetry on napkins, the back of reciepts, and little pieces of paper. (Sorry if I'm not using complete sentences. My brain is fried.) I have a friend who's an artist, and she always gets annoyed when we paint together, because I'm constantly ripping the corners of the paper off to write stuff on.
"Anything if possible for him who believes."
~Mark 9:23

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon May 11, 2009 1:34 am
WaterVyper says...

For freewriting, I do it in class when there's free time, especially if it's right after math. I find that something about numbers just makes my mind go blank. I huddle away in my corner seat, either farthest from the front or closest to the door.

Then, for real writing, like Lauren, I work best on a computer. Not even my laptop works. Probably something about the defective keyboard. But I can write scraps on paper that I store around and only discover them when I've already made a completely different ending to the story. I can't write full stories on paper, but I write down little bits and pieces.

Well, I've tried writing in the toilet once. It actually wasn't that bad.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon May 11, 2009 3:38 pm
Lauren says...

On my laptop, but recently I've taken to writing into a notebook on the shed roof.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon May 11, 2009 3:43 pm
Hotaru-Kun says...

I write in the bath mostly, which is highly impractical. I can't write things on the computer, it just doesn't flow. Pen and paper suits me fine.
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 11, 2009 4:51 pm
.:Elf:. says...

I have written on my Nintendo DS (No not the DSi), then left it on the charger and typed it up later.
Some times I just have to turn my lined paper side ways and write like that.
Usually I write while sitting on my bed, but some times I'll sit out on the trampoline and write.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Wed May 13, 2009 4:10 pm
TexanWriter says...

I have written on my Nintendo DS (No not the DSi), then left it on the charger and typed it up later.

Ah, yes, me as well. Although it's usually only the first five, really, really tiny paragraphs and in case of emergencies.

Okay, lemme think... *counts on fingers as places are mentioned* The fort, the outdoor dining table, the dinner table, the couch, the bathroom, the boring and loud family reunions, the car (often in the dark as we go somewhere at night), and probably somewhere else.

And you know what? In all of those places, no writing got done. Okay, maybe some, but not a lot. I just sat there with a notebook on my clipboard on my lap and thought "Okay, now just put it on the paper... On the paper... Touch the pencil to the paper... Any day now..."

Here's where stuff gets done: My bed, under the covers at two in the morning, and my computer.

I can't put ideas on the computer. It just doesn't work, so I use paper and pencil for the actual plots and ideas. But I can't do the, you know, writing unless it's on the computer. It goes verrrrrrrrry slowly otherwise.

Looking back at this I'm going, "Why did I just waste my time with that? Who cares?!" But I'm not going to throw that twenty minutes down the drain, so ya'll get to read it! Woohoo!
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote