z

Young Writers Society

Sachi needs your favorite quotes!

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Wed May 06, 2009 9:29 pm
Sachiko says...

So, folks, the title says it all! I want your favorite quotes! I'm painting my room in the next two weeks, and my mother has given me permission to paint quotes on the wall!

So, let me have them! :D
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Wed May 06, 2009 9:42 pm
anti-pop says...

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
-Edgar Allen Poe
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed May 06, 2009 9:45 pm
OverEasy says...

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”—Winston Churchill

“I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one.”-- Marilyn Monroe

“I’d rather spend my whole life sleeping, than have you keep me from dreaming.” –Sarah Bareilles

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times I’m hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst then you sure don’t deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

*loves Marilyn*

But! If you're looking for more good quotes, Winston Chirchill has some really great ones.

And also there is always the option of sticking some song lyrics up there. Song lyrics ftw.
Life is for living.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed May 06, 2009 9:48 pm
Lauren2010 says...

"Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If he's not there for you once, chances are you won't be needing him again."

I don't know who said it but i liked it. my english teacher puts a 'quote of the day' up on the board every day. we get some pretty strange ones.
Got YWS?

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Wed May 06, 2009 9:51 pm
Fand says...

Go in fear of abstractions. - Ezra Pound

All great truths begin as blasphemies. - George Bernard Shaw

Everything can change, but not the language that we carry inside us, like a world more exclusive and final than one's mother's womb. - Italo Calvino
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 pm
Teague says...

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi

and... more I cannot think of atm.

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed May 06, 2009 10:45 pm
Jon says...

I can't believe no one has said one of the oldest ones:

"Cogito Ergo Sum" -- René Descartes
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Wed May 06, 2009 10:51 pm
beckiw says...

I'm going to have to do film quotes lol So yeah excuse me for not using profound people like everyone else! xD

Wash - This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal - Define "interesting".
Wash - [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die? - From Serenity

Adam - What's in a name, anyway? That which we call a nose by any other name could still smell - Reduced Shakespeare Company. (Look on my blog if you want to know who they are! xD)

Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings. - It's A Wonderful Life (Classic Line)

Dory - I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy. -Finding Nemo (Love Dory!!)

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine. - Casablanca

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein - Damn your eyes.
Igor - Too late. - Young Frankenstein

Ok...I'll stop now haha

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu May 07, 2009 12:54 am
brainychic212 says...

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
-E.L. Doctorow

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu May 07, 2009 1:10 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Champion the right to be yourself. Dare to be different. Life your own life and follow your own star. - Wilfred A. Peterson

Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. - Cadet Maxim

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and starts. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. -Max Ehrmann

To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded! -Ralph Waldo Emerson

You are the master of your own fate, the captain of your own soul. -William Ernest Henley

Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. - Christian D. Larson

Most situations that will lead to great things in your life are going to be extremely uncomfortable for you at the moment they are happening, so just be ready for it. - Josh Groban

The beauty of life is to experience yourself. -unknown

I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work. -Chris Tituse

Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth. -Souza

May you always have enough happiness to keep you sweet; enough trials to keep you strong; enough success to keep you eager; enough faith to give you courage;and enough determination to make each day a good day. -proverb

One of the things about being successful... you have to be responsible about the choices you make. -Josh Groban

Knowledge is nothing without imagination. -Albert Einstein

If the theory of relativity is proven true, France will declare me a citizen of the world and Germany will declare me German. If the theory of relativity is proven false, France will declare me a German and Germany will declare me a Jew. -Albert Einstein (I'm unsure if the wording on that quote is correct. I was typing it from memory)

Inside every reader lurks and editor, waiting to get out. -Michal Patterson of For Better or For Worse (cartoon strip)

Weird is the new normal. -Rosey and Jabs
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Thu May 07, 2009 1:58 am
Sela Locke says...

"I'll teach you to kick me!"

"You don't need to teach me, I already know how!"

-Chico Marx

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.

-Voltaire (YWS favorite!)

I had a wonderful afternoon, and this wasn't it.

-Groucho Marx

“They give him every liberty but the liberty to sell his liberty, which is the only one he wants.”

-Can't remember. xD

"Don't you go trying to trivialize police work!"

"You're doing a bang-up job of that all by yourself."

-Shawn Spencer/Lassiter from Psych (Sorry, just flying around in my head at the moment).

I'm drawing a blank right now. >.<; I'll come back, 'kaaaaay? -snugglehugglesnug-

-SELA
Well, I can't eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them.

--Algernon, The Importance of Being Earnest

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Thu May 07, 2009 3:03 am
Conrad Rice says...

"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."

Sometimes, in order to appreciate the light, you have to know the darkness.

Teamwork. Because none of us is as stupid as all of us.

Mistakes. Your purpose in life might be to serve as a warning to others.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu May 07, 2009 10:23 am
Twit says...

"How can the bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?" --William Blake
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu May 07, 2009 12:21 pm
BigBadBear says...

"A writer uses quotes in his writing. An author makes them."

I dunno who said that.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu May 07, 2009 6:02 pm
Demeter says...

"Friends are like family members we can choose for ourselves."
- My Psychology/Philosophy teacher
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100