Sachi needs your favorite quotes!

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Thu May 07, 2009 6:09 pm
Blink says...

"A lawn is nature under a totalitarian regime."

Some guy.
Last edited by Blink on Sat May 09, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 pm
Juniper says...

"Courage isn't the absence of fear, it's the means of how to deal with it."

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

(I don't know the author of either; I saw them on signs around NY and wrote them down)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu May 07, 2009 8:39 pm
View Likes
MagnusBane says...

You're probably going for some deep, profound quotes that will bring meaning to your life, but I'm going to give you these instead. :)

"Shadowhunters: Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies since 1234" - City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

"Too many freaks, not enough circuses"

"Behind every successful man is a surprised woman." - Maryon Pearson

"After ten years of therapy, my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles"

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definetely isn't for you."

Gomez: Children, why do you hate the baby?
Pugsley: We don't hate him. We just wanna play with him.
Wednesday: Especially his head.

- The Addams Family

"The police never think it's as funny as you do."

"People are like slinkies. Basically useless, and yet it's so fun to watch them fall down the stairs."

"The voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas"

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

"Assassins Inc. We aim to please"
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat May 09, 2009 1:44 pm
Adnamarine says...

Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

The good writers touch life often. The mediocre ones run a quick hand over her. The bad ones rape her and leave her for the flies. –Fahrenheit 451

I hear and I forget: I see and I remember; I write and I understand. - Chinese Proverb

The strongest memory is weaker than the palest ink. - Chinese Proverb

You can be a little ungrammatical if you come from the right part of the country. –Robert Frost

Never is just reven spelled backwards. - House

Learn from other’s mistakes, because you’ll never live long enough to make them all yourself. - unknown

Odd things happening to odd people is one oddity too much - C. S. Lewis
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun May 10, 2009 5:22 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

"Originality is key!" ~April (me :) ) "You can not see the shadow if you face the sun." ~Helen Keller I will probably be posting more in a little bit :) Typing on a cell phone is something you can only do for so long...

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun May 10, 2009 6:26 pm
StellaThomas says...

"Only those with no memory insist on their originality"- Coco Chanel.

"There's no place like home," -Dorothy Gale.

"It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life." - Terry Pratchett

"Has it got any sports in it?"
"Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Poison. True love. Hate. Revenge. Giants. Hunters. Bad men. Good men. Beautifulest ladies. Snakes. Spiders. Beasts of all natures and descriptions. Pain. Death. Brave men. Coward men. Strongest men. Chases. Escapes. Lies. Truths. Passion. Miracles."
"Sounds okay," I said, and I kind of closed my eyes."
-William Golding, The Princess Bride.

"Einstein, stop telling God what to do!" -Niels Bohr [to his friend, Albert Einstein].
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun May 10, 2009 6:57 pm
TexanWriter says...

"Listen to your heart, buddy. Your brain only messes things up.*"
"Guys... I know kung fu."

*Might be incorrect, based on memory only.

Okay, now seriously.

"Let not your rage or malice destroy a life, for indeed, he who does not value it does not deserve it."
-Leonardo Da Vinci

"All kinds are good except the kind that bores you."
Voltaire

"Life is a book. The beginning is happy or sad, good or bad, it's the past and there's nothing to do about it. The ending, no one knows, it's the future. But you can always choose what kind of middle you have. You have to choose to have a good middle, a happy life, or you can choose to be miserable. It's all up to you."
-Me, TexanWriter of YWS

"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."
-Tom Peters

"No person has the right to rain on your dreams."
-Marian Wright Edelman
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun May 10, 2009 8:18 pm
BigBadBear says...

I fancy the quote found in my signature.

-Jared

XP
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed May 20, 2009 2:16 pm
Phantomofthebasket says...

"If electricity is made up of electrons, then what is morality made up of?"
--Unknown.

"Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."
--I THINK Demetri Martin said this, though I'm not sure...
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed May 20, 2009 4:40 pm
XYZinnia says...

I love quotes! :D Here are a few.

It's never too late to be who you might have been. -George Eliot

Fall seven times, stand up eight. -Japanese Proverb

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. -Abraham Lincoln

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. -Galileo Galilei

If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. -Lewis Carroll

I don't really trust a sane person. -Lyle Alzado

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

A celebrity is someone who works hard his whole life to become known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.

A coward gets scared and quits, a hero gets scared, but still goes on.

If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.

To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage. -Confucius

It is better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret. -Jackie Joyner-Kersee

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. -Anne Frank,

Life is like an ever-shifting kaleidoscope - a slight change, and all patterns alter. -Sharon Salzberg

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. -Anne Frank,

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. Jane Austen

And finally,

Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
The pen is mightier than the sword. -Edward Bulwer-Lytton

:D

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Fri May 22, 2009 5:37 am
MeadowLark says...

I got so many quotes I don't know which ones to pick! But I'll just give you a few of my favourites:

“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways.”--John Wayne

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. -Shel Silverstein

The princes among us are those who forget themselves and serve mankind.

To be loved by a horse or any animal, should fill us with awe--for we have not deserved it--Marion C. Garrelty

“What are we holding onto Sam?”
“That there’s some good in this world Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.”

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure." -Peter Pan

A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend. ~Author Unknown

A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining where a man's mind can get both provocation and privacy. ~Edward P. Morgan

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown

Writers are not just people who sit down and write. They hazard themselves. Every time you compose a book your composition of yourself is at stake. ~E.L. Doctorow

“Try not to talk so much friend. You'd sound less stupid that way.”--Breeze from Mistborn

I also fancy the quote in my signature ^_^
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Sun May 24, 2009 2:05 pm
lucyy says...

Okay, a lot of these I don't know where they came from, but I'll tell you them anyway... =D

“Don’t think, or judge. Just listen.” -- Just Listen By Sarah Dessen.

"It's just one of those things. You know, that just happen. You don't think or plan. You just do it." -- The Truth About Forever By Sarah Dessen.

"It's always tempting to lose yourself with someone who maybe lost themselves." -- Angela Chase, My So-called Life *shrugs* it was a quote used in one of my favourite books.

"You're not quite right in the head and nor am I. And that's why I like you." -- Pretty Things By Sara Manning

And Pooh said to Piglet, “Life’s so much friendlier with two.” *shrugs* I'm a Winnie-the-Pooh fan, what can you do? =P

"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."

"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

“Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.” -- Jane Austen (Northanger Abbey)

"Friendship is talking to your best friend without words."

"Laughter is the shortest distance between two friends."

"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand but touches your heart."

I have loads more, but I'll stop there (: Good luck with your quotes wall!! I'm sure it will look amazing =D
--Lucyy xx
"Don't think, or judge. Just Listen."

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell