z

Young Writers Society

How Have you Changed YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:10 pm
Rydia says...

No the question is not in any other way backwards, I just think that instead of asking what YWS has done for you, I'd like to know what you have done for YWS. We've all contributed to the site in some way and it's time to put the modesty back in the cupboard and brag a little.

What have you done for this site?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 pm
Firestarter says...

I think I did something useful about four years ago.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:32 pm
Crysi says...

XD

I brought lots of snark and dragons and pwn-ness to the site.

And awesomeness. Don't forget that.

Oh, and I think I was a mod at one time, too. Surely that counts for something...
Love and Light

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:12 am
Conrad Rice says...

I contributed to Squills.

I also strive to be the most prolific writing member here, though I still don't know if I am or not. And I help JFW1415 run CIA. And I have masqueraded as a centaur.

So yeah, I've done a few things.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:03 am
Linx says...

I do the news here on YWS. I guess that counts, right?

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:24 am
cheese9975 says...

You totally ripped off my question! Just kidding... I love it. I guess you could say that I contributed to YWS by asking that question... which made you ask this question which made people feel good about themselves. SO THERE. XD
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:38 am
niteowl says...

Hm...well, I've given a bunch of gifts and tried to make people feel welcome. I inspired the creation of the "Greeter" position, so all you blues ought to thank me :P. And I posted a LOT back in "the day" and was briefly the top poster. It took you guys a long time to kick me out of the top ten, even when I was gone for ages. I wonder where I'm at now...I think it's still at 11 or 12. :D

Also, I'd like to think I give decent reviews/post decent stuff every once in a while. I had a "Featured Work" once, which really shocked me and made me super-happy. So thanks, whoever gold-starred me for that.

And...how about a fantabulous gift for all the members who make YWS so freakin' awesome?

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:45 am
smaur says...

I brought kitten-eating. True story.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 pm
WaterVyper says...

I really don't know... I guess I try to be a good greeter and welcome everyone... but I really don't know what else.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:28 pm
zankoku_na_tenshi says...

XD Well, I've wasted a lot of people's time and space with rather insipid, useless reviews! :D

I try to be helpful, though. XD
"The world is not beautiful, therefore, it is." --Kino's Journey

Hey, how about a free review?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 pm
Sureal says...

I created a recent trend in the Blogs - everyone's changing their hair and posting pictures of it.

Go me.
I wrote the above just for you.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:37 pm
Bloo says...

I haven't.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:35 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

What are you talking about Bolt? You cheated at the YWS chat record, that will have had some impact at least ;) And hey, you have more than 2000 posts so you must have done something, it would be impossible not to have.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:37 am
Reyu says...

I've never tried to change YWS... I prefer to flow with the change.

That, and keeping people on their toes.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:45 am
Snoink says...

Okay! So I haven't really changed YWS very noticeably, BUT. You see my color, how it's orange and stuff? It used to be this really unreadable yellow (well, I couldn't read it very well anyway). I suggested to Nate that he change the color, giving him the code for the orange, and he changed it! :D

So... okay. Maybe Nate was the one who did it, not I. But without me, the DMs would probably have this weird yellow color.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres