z

Young Writers Society

How has YWS changed you?

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 pm
cheese9975 says...

I've been on YWS for almost a year now... *squee!* time has flown, and although I'm not always around I love you guys. I know YWS has improved my writing a lot (and I don't even post that much of my stuff on here...), so I'm wondering if and how you've changed since joining.
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

Well, improved writing goes without saying, with all the amazing critiques to be found here. ^_^

I find I've changed more socially, too. Like I'm more open to talking to people and I"m not so scared of being rejected. YWS was so open to me being, well, me that I got way more confidant in real life.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:29 pm
MeadowLark says...

How has YWS changed me?

Hmm, I know my writing has defiantly improved. I now use a critical eye when I'm writing, answer all those why and who cares questions that seem to pop up.

Also, now I have a tendency to look at everything I read with a critical eye, even published novels hehe. It has now offically become a habit of mine.

I always used to write with proper grammer, even with chatting. But now I seem to be using a lot of the following: ^_^ >_< xD and I put things in stars *sighs*

Oh my. YWS has changed my writing a lot. For that, I am very happy >_<

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:46 pm
OverEasy says...

YWS has helped me with my writing.

But the YWS community, that's a different story.

The people here have helped me a lot, and I am a different person for knowing them.
Life is for living.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:06 am
lilymoore says...

YWS has definately helped me grow as a writer, even if I've only ever posted hand full of writing pieces, I think I may have actually progressed more simply by learning how to see the flaws and perfections in other peoples writings.

Not only that, but now, when I write, I feel like I have something to look forward to when I'm writing: hearing back from all the wonderful reviewers out there. :D *hugs anyones whose ever given her a review, good or bad*

Thanks YWS!
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:27 am
Emerson says...

1. I'm actually impressed with the things I write.

2. I have amazing friends beyond belief and I love them to death - YWS hooked us up.

3. I can be a maternal figure to tons of little kids running around! Which is great.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:00 am
Linx says...

I feel like I can be me here, which makes me feel more confident.
YWS has also improved my writing tremedously. When I first joined, it was horrible. *shudders*

In overall, YWS is just amazing.

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:35 pm
oneeyedunicornhunter says...

YWS has helped me better understand the relationship between writer and reader. It has also given me a very low opinion of "professional" critics.

YWS > Critics

It's such a quaint little site as well, or at least that's the impression I get from the great community. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but most internet communities...well, kinda suck.
Am I a one eyed hunter of unicorns or a hunter of one eyed unicorns? The world may never know.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:26 pm
TexanWriter says...

It's greatly improved my writing (of course), and actually made me picky of what I read. For example, I got this great book recently, but I could find 101 things wrong with how it was written. I haven't even finished the first chapter, it was so poorly written! I just want to critique every part of it.

YWS has made me a grammar freak in training, made me learn how to help others and my friends with their writing, and made me proud of my writing.

Thanks, Nate, for making this site!
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:27 pm
Lauren says...

Improved writing, o'course. But has kinda stopped me writing, because I'm always on here instead! An empty page can seem so daunting.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:27 am
Angel of Death says...

I've been on here for almost two years (yes I am getting old) and I can honestly say that Yewis has changed me in a lot of ways. Before, I never took my writing seriously and I was afraid of taking leaps. Before, I didn't know much about the world, I was just caught up in my own universe but Yewis has provided me with a lot of friends from around the world, that I never would have known if I didn't randomly decide to take a stand and find a place where young writer's existed. Before I felt like I was an alien on a weird planet and here I fit in just fine.

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Well, I've gotten loads better at writing.

Second, whenever a person asks me to review a paper with a red pen, the paper looks like it's been murdered.

Third, I have become more pure awesomeness because you people are so wonderful.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:10 am
romance otaku says...

I didnt even review that many times and i got the insanely-nitpicky-writing-reviewer disorder!

My writing has improved insanely since i joined thanks to all of your kind reviews, advice, and examples. i have only been writing since last summer and when i go and look at my old drafts i laugh at myself for how horribly bad they are compared to my current draft. (My book has gone through 11 drafts and i am currently working on th 12th, little by little). If it wasnt for your positive attitudes about my early drafts i would of never of found my true calling! Thank you all!!!

^-^
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant