z

Young Writers Society

Chat room game: When writers unite

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:20 pm
Squall says...

OK. This was a game that Mattster and I (mainly Mattster) devised in the chat room at 3:30 a.m. New Zealand time. This is how the games works:

The moderator of the chat (or one of the moderators) starts off by writing a paragraph that consist of 3 sentences on anything they want. Then the person in charge transfers what they wrote onto Microsoft word.

They then PM the person below them on the chat list the last sentence in their paragraph (in which case, let's say that he was Person A. That person then has to expand on it till they have three lines. Then they send the person in charge the paragraph that they wrote so that it can get added on to what the moderator wrote.

Then, Person A has to send the last line of what he wrote to the person below him (say he is Person B). And the cycle repeats until everyone has contributed to the piece.

Then, the moderator hosts up the piece of writing so that everyone can see it for some lol's.

The purpose of this is to come up with a piece that's so convulted that it becomes very funny to read.

This is what we've got:

I was playing an online game in my cold, dark room. Then my phone rang and I got distracted and died to the noobs! I told him to go get stuffed. I had always been there for her, always in her life. Now that I needed her, where was she? I needed her more than ever. The hot anger washed over me, pumping crazily. I ran in terror, screaming as I ran. I had to get away from my captors. I feared their murders, torture, and bad jokes. Finally, they caught up to me, and looked at me evilly.

“I would like you examine your skull,” one hissed. I swallowed back fits of terror. They continued, “Your head is very special to us.”

“Good,” he replied, practicing his tap-dancing (it was a nervous habit).

“Well then…”

“Since we’ve settled that argument, would you like to come with us and get some cherry pie?”

They all left the barracks and went down the road to the best pie-house in the country.

Eventually Nate had to leave. FRED appeared suddenly in the middle of the pie-house wearing a dress! But it turned out he just wanted to eat pie too. And then they woke up and it was all a dream.

However, the dream had begun to have negative effects on the planet, contributing to the crisis of global warming. This worried officials who needed coffee desperately at this point.

Thanks to Squall (that' s me), Happy go lucky, Mimimac, Stella Thomas, Mattster, Nutty and
indigochild1991 for taking part. We could not have done it without you.

Hopefully we will be able to host more games like this on the chat in the future.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

Reviews: 3
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 pm
'Blood'-|-'Notes' says...

wow...this is confusing. I don't think i get it...but is it fun?
He's her drug and she's addicted.

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro