z

Young Writers Society

Cross Genre?

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:14 pm
wiccaryan says...

Hey everyone, i'm awfully sorry if i've put this post in the wrong place, BUT i was trying to submit a work of fiction, and my book is fantasy/romance...i was wondering if their was anyway to cross genre where i post, or will i have to post the same thing seperately in both genres?

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:34 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

I think I know what you are asking...

Many writers cross genres. I'd say every writer does. You can't have action without adventure, right? And fantasy is almost the same as Sci-fi. So, I'd say just pick the genre it mostly is and post it in that forum. Or you can always post in 'Other' if you aren't sure. I wouldn't recommend posting it twice.

You are welcome,
-Colt.
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:38 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Yes, crossing genres is common. Don't post it twice; that just makes people think it's something different and essentially annoys them.
If you're not sure what your genre is, post it in the Other section. But my recommendation would be to post it in Fantasy, since, in my opinion, romance is more of an element than a genre.
Hope I helped!
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:43 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Yeah, if a mod sees that you've posted the same thing twice we would probably delete one of them, so just pick whichever you think is most relevant.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore