z

Young Writers Society

The Ashes

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:10 pm
Midnight says...

Yay, I dunno if there are any Aussies or English(wo)men around but I'm feeling pretty happy....late late celebrations last night!
available

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:24 pm
Firestarter says...

Mwahahahahah.....

Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:26 pm
Gazza_14 says...

woooooooooo! Rule Britania, Britania rules the waves!
:lol:
Stop. Look. Jive!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:26 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

you guys win a soccer game or something? You eh.. really get into that don't you?
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:46 am
Areida says...

Don't hate, Qi, it's cool.

I loike the British. You guys have better spellings and better accents and better slang and everything! Sheesh. 'Cept we have better weather. :wink:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:35 am
Galatea says...

He's...uhm...being sarcastic.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:04 am
Firestarter says...

This is cricket, you fools!

CRICKET.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:21 am
Elelel says...

Yeah ... which we LOST!!! Well, me anyway. JUST YOU WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!! JUST YOU WAIT!!!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:04 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Yeah, sarcasm... And the brits don't have better anything, except cars, because they'r emade by germans now. The brits have different spelling, grammer, punctuation, and slang. Damn near a different language, and I'll be damned if I have to learn it.

Their accents... are um... well, nothing new to them.

And yes, their weather does suck something terrible.

Oh, cricket, thats like baseball, but not as macho, right?
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:15 pm
Firestarter says...

How is baseball macho?

Baseball most a guy has to wait to hit a ball is a few minutes.

In cricket they can be out under pressure for hours upon end.

In baseball pitchers just throw the ball. There's very little technique. In cricket, bowling is regulated, and requires more skill.

And if you me to throw a cricket ball at your head (bowlers often bounce them up aiming to hit the batsmen's head) and see how macho you are, I wouldn't mind trying.

Cricket is painful. Especially if the ball hits your ribs where they wear no protection.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:22 pm
Midnight says...

Crickets ridiculously dangeous. My old physics teachers was blind in one eye from when a cricket ball hit him in the face during a match he played in.

oh well I love it.

But not as much as I love Harmison....

Look at him! I love him.

Also Flintoff, Pieterson and Vaughn are favourites

Eloere,aww you've got two years till we go over to you and you try to win it back. Will be amazing though, although I love England and they played so well this series, I still think that Australia are the best side in the world. However much I believe Ponting looks evil while Hadyn and Langer look like Crabbe and Goyle from Harry Potter teehee....

Also this post should not be hijacked by American/English rivalry Qi. The only rivalry that should be round here is good old Aussie/English rivalty. (we've got the Ashes yay yay yay)
available

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:33 pm
Firestarter says...

It's not actually two years till we go over, it's about 14 months, cos their season is different, obviously. December 2006 is when we go over I think.

Ponting is a horrible little man, the whole Australian team look like..err...convicts....hehehe.

Random avatar

Reviews: 91
Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:45 pm
Nox says...

I've never really understood cricket OR ever liked watching it. How long has it been since the British team won The Ashes?
In all the time we have
There is never enough time
To show what is in our heart.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:49 pm
Firestarter says...

18 years!

Random avatar

Reviews: 91
Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:55 pm
Nox says...

Wow, that's even before I was born! :shock:
In all the time we have
There is never enough time
To show what is in our heart.

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.
— Captain Raymond Holt