z

Young Writers Society

It took me 10 seconds to load this page...

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:55 pm
romance otaku says...

HI!!!!!!!

I joined YWS in the summer and have gone from active 5 hours a day to a quick check once every two weeks. Since i just finished the first five chapters of my book, i thought it might do me good to get some post points to give out to my soon-to-be reviewers. (the thing is 42 pages, so...). Well, i get on and it takes me 10 seconds to load the page!

i know 10 doesnt seem that big, but i am a PC gamer and speed of my "rig" is very important to me. I defrag (for those who know what that means) bi-daily and clean weekly. compared to other sites, YWS servers are, in fact, slow. But, the question is, did you all notice it the slowing, or am i going insane?

PS: i know we are a lot of people on a possibly shared (or personally built) server. maybe there is something on the page that takes up more bandwidth than needed? yeah, i dont know, just me rambling.

It's nice to be back ^^
-otaku
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

It's not just you. It can be slow for me too. Especially long posts. *shrugs* YWS is the only site I go on, really, so I don't notice that much.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm
Jon says...

It's nice to have you back!

Can't wait to see some writing of yours.

Welcome back. :wink:
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:34 pm
Firestarter says...

There's a new YWS coming that will be quicker!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:41 pm
romance otaku says...

Firestarter wrote:There's a new YWS coming that will be quicker!

^^

really!? Yay!!!!

as for my writing, I'll be sure to post soon
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:49 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hmm. It could just be your computer. Sometimes my Internet just randomly decides to be slow.

Anyway, welcome back! I don't believe I've met you. *shakes hand*

--Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:17 am
TexanWriter says...

Like Haruno said, it might be your computer. My laptop a year ago was the slowest thing on the planet. (I could rant and rant, but I don't really think you care) Sometimes, computers just get old and die. Not usually, but sometimes. Personally, I haven't had a problem with YWS being slow. But that's just me.

Nice job keeping your computer clean!

-Tex
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

Random avatar

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:27 am
Squishy says...

Sometimes, computers just get old and die

like my desktop. it went from being a fairly well running five year old computer to a senior citizen which struggled with printing and playing solitaire at the same time. Printing pics was out of the question.

now i just use to to hold my files...
"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. "

"No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that."

You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author