z

Young Writers Society

It took me 10 seconds to load this page...

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:55 pm
romance otaku says...

HI!!!!!!!

I joined YWS in the summer and have gone from active 5 hours a day to a quick check once every two weeks. Since i just finished the first five chapters of my book, i thought it might do me good to get some post points to give out to my soon-to-be reviewers. (the thing is 42 pages, so...). Well, i get on and it takes me 10 seconds to load the page!

i know 10 doesnt seem that big, but i am a PC gamer and speed of my "rig" is very important to me. I defrag (for those who know what that means) bi-daily and clean weekly. compared to other sites, YWS servers are, in fact, slow. But, the question is, did you all notice it the slowing, or am i going insane?

PS: i know we are a lot of people on a possibly shared (or personally built) server. maybe there is something on the page that takes up more bandwidth than needed? yeah, i dont know, just me rambling.

It's nice to be back ^^
-otaku
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

It's not just you. It can be slow for me too. Especially long posts. *shrugs* YWS is the only site I go on, really, so I don't notice that much.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm
Jon says...

It's nice to have you back!

Can't wait to see some writing of yours.

Welcome back. :wink:
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:34 pm
Firestarter says...

There's a new YWS coming that will be quicker!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:41 pm
romance otaku says...

Firestarter wrote:There's a new YWS coming that will be quicker!

^^

really!? Yay!!!!

as for my writing, I'll be sure to post soon
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:49 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hmm. It could just be your computer. Sometimes my Internet just randomly decides to be slow.

Anyway, welcome back! I don't believe I've met you. *shakes hand*

--Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:17 am
TexanWriter says...

Like Haruno said, it might be your computer. My laptop a year ago was the slowest thing on the planet. (I could rant and rant, but I don't really think you care) Sometimes, computers just get old and die. Not usually, but sometimes. Personally, I haven't had a problem with YWS being slow. But that's just me.

Nice job keeping your computer clean!

-Tex
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

Random avatar

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:27 am
Squishy says...

Sometimes, computers just get old and die

like my desktop. it went from being a fairly well running five year old computer to a senior citizen which struggled with printing and playing solitaire at the same time. Printing pics was out of the question.

now i just use to to hold my files...
"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. "

"No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that."

Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality