z

Young Writers Society

Dragonball Movie

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:54 am
Syte says...

I belive the new Dragonball Movie is called Dragonball Evolution. I had known about it coming out for about half a year, because my friend had told me. I saw a commercial for it this afternoon on Cartoon Network, and it really wasn't what I expected.

Goku's hair isn't outrageously spikey like it is in the anime, but it's spikey nonetheless. What surprised me was that it was set in the present, when in the anime it seems to be set in the future. Goku also appears to be around 18, and he's evidently going to school in this movie.

I only saw the commercial once, but I think one of the taglines was something like "He just wanted to fit in, but now he's about to discover a power..." and it shows him opening lockers and smashing cars with ki and such. I found the commercial to be real amusing.

I don't suspect the movie will be any good, but I'd like to go see the movie just to see what hollywood has done with it.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 am
Autumn Silence says...

Wow, I just saw some trailers on youtube and I'm disapointed. Its like they are making fun of my childhood... XD

Isn't Goku supposed to be Asian? And I don't remember Picolo being evil and when did Bulma get a gun? (I'm so confused)

But the cinema's get a sarcastic lol for effort.
Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
~J.K. Rowling

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:17 pm
Syte says...

Piccolo started out evil. He was the last villian on Dragonball, and the group was very cautious when he first joined.

But yeah, the movie does look like a disappointment to any fan, though I haven't seen the trailer on youtube.

Does Bulma have blue hair in the movie?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:25 pm
Kyuubi says...

I agree with Syte on this. I'm a DragonBall fan but this movie is...hmmm....what's the word?
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:59 pm
View Likes
Autumn Silence says...

Nope, its like a dark brown or black. She actually scares me in the movie.
Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
~J.K. Rowling

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:17 pm
Lil_Pau says...

I haven't watched it yet, but from the posters and commercials, it doesn't look good. =_=
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 pm
tinny says...

Well, if anything it'll be an improvement on the live-action Koran version.

Although probably not as amusing.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 am
Krupp says...

Dragonball Z was what me and my friends during my preadolescent years were very much into. It was fun to practice karate and stuff on each other for those years.

Many years later, in high school, I got into wrestling and forgot all about that kind of crap. I don't have high expectations for the film, especially if they're changing certain aspects about the characters and whatnot....
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:19 pm
Sakah says...

The Anime Club at my school (which I'm a part of) is planning to go see it just to jeer at it :D I never watched DB growing up, but I am a little curious about it.
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard