z

Young Writers Society

Battlestar Galactica Finale

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:17 pm
Nate says...

There's more than a few BSG fans out there on YWS, so what did you think of the final episode? Personally, I found it bittersweet; I loved the final episode, but it means no more BSG. Still, I rather it end after four awesome seasons than keep on going and going and going.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:04 pm
Firestarter says...

The first hour of Daybreak, Part II was spectacular. The special effects crew must have gone overtime. The music was brilliant, and everything was perfect. The last part, when the pace slowed down, I thought had some great moments too. There was humour, and beautiful scenes, and everything. I've heard a lot of criticism about plot holes and Ronald Moore not answering all the questions some fans have had, but for me, I really enjoyed it and couldn't see it ending any better.

I definitely have felt sad since I first watched it. No more BSG! What will I do every week. But you're right -- so many TV shows peter out and get cancelled, but BSG decided to go out on a high. I still think the show as a whole peaked at the end of Season 2/start of Season 3 (the rest of Season 3 had a lot of average moments) but it's still much, much better than anything else on TV.

Bittersweet is definitely the word. Can't wait to re-watch all the episodes all the way through!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx