z

Young Writers Society

Script Writing Frenzy- the NaNo for Scripts!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:07 pm
FinalFreedom says...

So, who all is going to be trying this out? I was recently browsing my mail and found the email from the NaNo people about this one, and I'm so excited for it!

www.scriptfrenzy.org

So, who else is going to do it? :)
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:26 pm
.:Elf:. says...

I might try, though I'm not sure what I would write a script about.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Meeee!
I think I'll be doing a stageplay about a hostage situation in a bank (I got the idea while watching Paul Blart: Mall Cop :]).
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

17 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:20 am
FinalFreedom says...

I'll be doing a screen play, as I think that it would go over much better than a stage play. I'm doing mine about a novel idea I once had, and since I always dream of how my novel ideas would come out in movie form, this would be my chance to script it and see :)
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:00 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Oh, yes! I've been looking forward to this - I'm finally going to get around to writing my musical.

My plan now is to get the music written later. Just writing the script for now.

17 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:54 am
POTAFan1973 says...

I'm thinking of doing it but I have no clue how to write scripts. I found this one site that gave visual examples but I'm still puzzled.
One person's craziness is another person's reality
-Tim Burton

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:03 pm
WaterVyper says...

Yep, definitely joining Screnzy. This'll be my first year for it, and I'm thinking of doing a screenplay entitled Clown School. It's going to be my second try at humor, the first being the YWS fanfic I wrote. But still, I'm excited. Though... my class will be going away to Padang for a week... I might still be able to write, but I won't be able to update my page count. Ah, at least I'll try.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:08 pm
Demeter says...

I got the mail too, and it sounds really interesting! I'd love to give it a try.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 3
Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:11 pm
Moody says...

It sounds awesome. I might give it a shot if I can think of anything to write a script about. I missed NaNoWriMo so now I've got another chance to write in a monthly competition without waiting until November. :D

Reviews: 1
Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:45 pm
A Flicker says...

If I manage to come up with a decent (okay, I'd take even half decent) idea untill the beginning of April, heck yes :)

It is April, right?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:38 pm
JabberHut says...

It is April! ^_^

I've been off and on about Script Frenzy. I want to do it, but I don't have any ideas. Maybe I'll write a script based on the Purp vs Blue Wars. (Not YWS fanfic, but based off YWS events? Different names and stuff.) I'm no good with fanfics though. T_T

I could rewrite one of my stories/novels... Maybe The Magic Flute. I dunno. ^_^
I make my own policies.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:47 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

POTAFan1973 wrote:I'm thinking of doing it but I have no clue how to write scripts. I found this one site that gave visual examples but I'm still puzzled.

ScriptFrenzy has guides on formatting every kind of script here.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan