z

Young Writers Society

School Shooting Near Stuttgart - 17 Dead

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:00 am
How2EataRhesus says...

TIME - German School Shooting Claims 17 Lives -Oliver Schmale

As you can see from the article above, a German 17-year-old shot and killed 16 people yesterday (March 11) in the high school he recently graduated from in Winnenden. Another died in the hospital after jumping out a window in an attempt to escape.

The reason that this is so important to me is because my German teacher's nephew goes to that school. However, he wasn't in the classroom: his classes weren't supposed to start until 10:15 that day, after the school shooting, so he was safe at home. The horrible thing was that of all the classrooms the shooter, Tim K., entered, his had the highest death toll. Three of his good friends were shot. No one that was shot survived - the shooter and his father previously used guns for recreation; he aimed to kill - and those that were injured got hurt while jumping out of windows to get away.

The interesting thing is that he targeted females. Except for one boy that he shot for being in his way, all of the victims were girls. Even the teachers he killed were women.

The deaths weren't limited to the school. After realizing that the police had entered, the student hijacked a car and drove to a dealership to get another one. While there he killed an employee and a customer. When the police entered that building, he turned the gun on himself.

I just can't believe something that terrible would happen...
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:06 am
Lil_Pau says...

Whoa. Your German teacher's nephew was really really lucky.

*sigh*
These cases will never end, won't they? :(
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal