Young Writers Society

Stats, Stats, Stats! 2008 v. 2007 & January 2009

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:27 pm
Evi says...

Wow. So...many...numbers...:shock:

Nate, you're amazing.

And USA ftw! Philippines, too; I should so get my cousin to join. I didn't realize how international YWS was!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 am
Rosendorn says...

Hmm, pretty sure I've spoken to people from every one of those countries. At least spoken to. ^_^

And Yay Canada! ^_^ Next YWS Olympics, we should have our own team.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:34 am
Princess says...

Yay for the United States!

Well.. I guess Seattle is kinda close to Salem.. I have to get more people to join in Oregon.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:55 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Damn! South Africa never made it. Well, I guess we are just a little country on the edge of Deep Dark Africa.
:(
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:33 pm
Nate says...

yrclever wrote:Damn! South Africa never made it. Well, I guess we are just a little country on the edge of Deep Dark Africa.

South Africa was number 13 in January, although it has since risen to number 12. Most of the visits are from all over the Johannesburg area, but there's also a large number from Durban as well.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:41 pm
LilyJamey says...

Ah, Singapore and India! Asian countries!
Unfortunately, I think there're about 4 Malaysian members, probably only 1 (me) active. So it isn't a surprise that we didn't get it.
Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:38 pm
Clo says...

Kudos to Nate for compiling all these numbers for us. It's interesting to look at, and probably takes some work. :)
How am I not myself?

425 Reviews

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:17 am
Nate says...

LilyJamey ->> Malaysia ranks in the top 20 at number 17, and Indonesia just barely missed the top 10 by just one visit. In Malaysia, it looks like there are a quite a few YWSers spread out across mostly Kuala Lumpur. But there's some active members in other cities as well. In Indonesia, it's pretty much just the Jakarta area. I've attached a map below of where YWSers come from in Malaysia.

Clo ->> It used to take a lot of time, but I created some programs about a year ago that do it all for me now. And for the map data, I use google analytics. Very nifty.
Attachments
malaysia.jpg
Malaysia - January 2009 data only
malaysia.jpg (28.64 KiB) Viewed 169 times

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:04 pm
Alainna says...

Don't you just love all the stats?
:D

xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:09 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Nate wrote:
yrclever wrote:Damn! South Africa never made it. Well, I guess we are just a little country on the edge of Deep Dark Africa.

South Africa was number 13 in January, although it has since risen to number 12. Most of the visits are from all over the Johannesburg area, but there's also a large number from Durban as well.

Yay! I'm from Johannesburg. :) Watch out, us Africans are coming to take over the world! Okay, well maybe not the world, but definitely a small portion of YWS. :)
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:06 am
Ducati says...

You spelt Adelaide wrong. Wait, Adelaide made the list? WTF? Must of been writing to distract from how horrible the water tastes...
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:12 am
Meep(: says...

Hehe, the fact that I log in daily for a substantial amount of time must have contributed to seeing Singapore's name on that list ;)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

425 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:21 pm
Nate says...

Ducati ->> Haha, sorry about that. In any case, Adelaide has almost always been in the top 10 or 20 cities. What's surprising is that Melbourne & Perth have dropped from being in the top 10/20 to numbers 40 and 41 respectively. It's not because we have fewer members from those places than before, but because we have more members from other places.

Below is a map of Australia according to YWS.
Attachments
australia.jpg
YWS Australia data - January 2009
australia.jpg (22.47 KiB) Viewed 120 times

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:18 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Do you have any stats for Luxembourg? When I'm 21 I'm immigrating there ASAP. =)

They have 100% literacy, people!
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates