z

Young Writers Society

Lost Inspiration

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:20 pm
Childark says...

It's been a long time since I last wrote. I stopped writing because I'm a Senior High School graduating student and I had to complete my clearance. That's why I stopped writing. Now that I'm less busy, I tried to write, the only problem I had was... I didn't want to write. Just before I became busy with school I always wanted to write, the ideas were always there, never stops coming into my head. But now, nothing's coming to me, my mind's blank, I feel empty inside when I try to sit in front of my computer and type.

I think I've lost it.

What should I do to find it?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:27 pm
Ohio Impromptu says...

I think the first thing you should do is accept that maybe it isn't coming back. Once you do that, you'll be more free to explore other possibilities, at which point, if you are meant to write more it'll happen by itself. You know, if love something, give it away and all that nonsense. It worked for me.

And second I'd suggest getting that review count up from zero.
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:28 pm
Nutty says...

I did this. Stopped writing, that is, then panicked because I had lost that 'spark'.
What I did was I went and joined a bunch of storybooks, and did lots of little activities using prompts. That way you don't have to stress about being 'good', or coming up with brilliant ideas, you just sit down and write.
Then I grew more confident and started writing properly again.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:35 pm
tori1234 says...

This happened to me, too. What I did was read all my favorite books of all time (Dr.Suess, Harry Potter, The Christmas Puppy, The Polar Express, ect....) even the little kid ones, because those were the ones I was reading when I fell in love with writing in the first place. So, try to rekindle that flame of writing!

Keep writing!

God Bless!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles