z

Young Writers Society

Do you name your things?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

My car's name is Suzie. My laptop is called Mr. Laptop, my iPod is called Mr. iPod, my Xbox is called Mr. Xbox, and, well, you get the idea.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:02 pm
Blink says...

My computer mouse is called Logitech. As I type this, I am having an affair with Mrs Logitech, the keyboard. Can't please them both.

:)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 2
Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:56 pm
JMSmith says...

My mom has had this giant spider plant for years, it is the only indoor plant I think she has ever kept alive. But we have two new additions to the family so she had to put it in my room. I plucked off all the little baby spider plants (over 20 I think?) and put them in cups and am growing them. Every single one of them has a specific name. =]

My mom insisted that by doing that, I killed her plant.

The plant, after 2 weeks about, is alive and well, as are the juniors. =]

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:11 am
tinny says...

My laptop is called Peppers, Peps for short. Everyone refers to him as such now, and it confuses people who don't know who he is XD My DS is called Mr. DS, after the one belonging to a certain drummer. My phone is called Ruki, my printer is Earl.

I've always given my chemistry and biology experiments names. They always seem to work better when they have one.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

Reviews: 3
Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 am
Moody says...

I used to name my stuffed animals sometimes when I was little but I don't think I've named an anything since.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 am
Carlito says...

My phone is named Maximus. My MP3 player is named Sonya. :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:06 am
Elelel says...

My ipod is Charlotte Tinkerbell ... haha. But I don't think I've really got a name for anything else.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:51 pm
Master_Yoda says...

To be perfectly honest I've only ever named two of my possessions. The first of these is my toothbrush, and the second is my Scientific Calculator. I named my toothbrush, when my baby sister, then aged three, asked a very innocent question: "I like your toothbrush," she said, "what's its name." I couldn't disappoint her, so I responded: "Joey". It was the first name that popped into the head. :)

My naming of my calculator, on the other hand, was a little more malicious. There is a person who I go to school with who sometimes irritates me. So, one day he asks me for the name of my calculator, obviously meaning the model number. Once again I answered: "Joey". Somehow its always the first name I think of. This time the whole class was listening and burst into laughter. I don't think I'll ever forget the blush on his face :evil:
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:57 pm
anti-pop says...

GPS System: Nelly
iPod: Pop
Cell Phone: Slick
The car and my laptop don't really have names. They are sad to hear that. :(

~anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:42 am
velvetnight1313 says...

No, I don't tend to name inanimate objects...
"She walks in Beauty, like the night,Of cloudless limes and starry skies;And all that's best of dark and bright, Meet in her aspect and her eyes:Thus mellowed to that tender light, Which Heaven to gaudy day denies." -George Gordon Lord Byron

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

Oh gosh, you all are a riot. I call my AlphaSmart laptop "Alf" (even though his model is Dana)
and... the main computer, I just call "Tower." Cause it is one.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:54 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

We name our cars. All of them. Haha.

And I have a shirt with a giraffe on it. I named him. Haha.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:56 pm
Meep(: says...

My Basketball is The Meepster
My Netball is Meep
My Soccer Ball is Meepmeeps
Seriously.

~Should I name my Badminton racket "El Meepo"?
*runs off declaring her insanity*
:D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:25 am
Carlito says...

I forgot about my trombones! :D
They're not super creative names though...
My crap marching horn is Conn.
My silver jazz horn is King (I'm gonna re-named it though, cause it's a girl, not a guy) :)
My nice f-attachment horn is Rosie.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:14 am
~Excalibur~ says...

My computer is named Rei. I guess since she is all mine it is Rei I. Her successor shall be Rei II, then I will have to stop and find another name. Why? Because I will shoot Rei III and she will join with Lilith and that will lead to a giant robot biting my head off and the end of the world.

Or perhaps I could go with a much cuter name like Mikuru or some variation of the sort...

Bit of advice, never detail your affairs with named equipment when it breaks. The last thing I needed to tell all my friends why I could not be with them last weekend with, "Sorry, I couldn't make guys. I'm really, really sorry. I was beating Rei up all last night. Been slapping her to shut her up, but I got mad and kicked her back in. She's behaving now."

Yeah... Yeah... I beat the fan protector in with slaps and punches and that annoying whirring and grinding finally stopped, I was ready to throw her out the window at one point. Still it came across that I was violently abusing my sister or wife.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; but the valiant will never taste of death but once."
— Julius Caesar