z

Young Writers Society

Steelers Won!!!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:18 am
niteowl says...

I found out today that the Cardinals haven't won a championship game in 61 years, second only to the Cubs. So I was rooting for them (sort-of). I mean, that's longer than the LIONS.

Um...I grew up in Lions territory. Obviously never really followed football. Or any sport, really. Just learned what first down was this year due to college football chants. (I pretty much know how to rate plays based on how the crazy drunk people around me react.)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:50 pm
Angel of Death says...

I am a Steelers' fan! They're the best team in the world. Ah, you should see it in Pittsburgh. It's like a sea of Black and Gold. And the Cardinals should just drop out of the NFL because 1.) What kind of name is Cardinals for a Football team? They should really think about being ballerinas. 2.) The Pittsburgh Steelers will always be America's best Football team no matter what anybody says. and 3.) Pittsburgh is the home of champs! Arizona never stood a chance, especially since they've never ever won a Superbowl.

Sorry Cardinal fans but Pittsburgh Won the Superbowl!!!!

Ta,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:18 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

I'm going to get shot in the face for this but...what is the actual point of football? I love the other football, soccer, because it's awesome but...seriously.

My thing is that football players totally ruin the maraching field (tee hee, band geek.)

I didn't even know that yesterday was superbowl day until my parents left for a part about five minutes before the game. Heh...heh...*coughs*

Anyway, I know about football only because of marching band (forced to go to every single home game when we finally won for the first time in five years...)

And, while getting some food, I heard a call being called, "Unnecessary roughness." What? I though football was about hitting people!

Now that I'm finished ranting...yes, Cardinals is a wimpy name for a football team and the commercials were the best part of the game.

Rant is over...momentarily.

-Risa
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:28 pm
View Likes
Jon says...

Haha, clo, I'm really not a big football fan. I should have said, "I only like the Steelers out of all the teams."

I really do not like football, only Superbowls. (If that makes sense.)
:lol:

Should I have made this thread? I feel like someone is going to stalk me down and shoot me. :lol:
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

35 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:40 pm
View Likes

*shrugs* Somebody else would have made this thead if you hadn't. And, if you get stalked....just stalk 'em right back. Scares the crap out of them.
"What are you doing?"

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:45 pm
Jon says...

And, if you get stalked....just stalk 'em right back. Scares the crap out of them.

Haha! Can I put that in my signature? That was hilarious!
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

35 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Go right ahead...I'll feel famous. *strikes a pose*
"What are you doing?"

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 pm
JustDance says...

Okayyy you suckk..haha jk but cardiansl rock dude
besdies the steelers are wayyyyy to aggresive they had like 2 fouls...nott a lot but the cardiansl had zero for when it came to fightinggg
then again when i play i'm agressive too and practically kill the person...hehe

mann that fumble at 43 seconds left to the game messed it up!
the pass was terrible and barely went a yard
i forgot who but someone like totally messed him up, it was a big timee foul! but nooo they took it as a fair play!
ugh!

hehe i sound like such a guyy rightt now. xD

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:36 pm
live.laugh.love says...

yeah yeah yeah. i wanted the cardinals to win. the steelers have already been to enough superbowls! give someone else a chance! this was the first football game i've actually sat through the whole thing. but still, i'm not a big fan of the steelers!
Kali!

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 pm
Angel of Death says...

live.laugh.love wrote:yeah yeah yeah. i wanted the cardinals to win. the steelers have already been to enough superbowls! give someone else a chance! this was the first football game i've actually sat through the whole thing. but still, i'm not a big fan of the steelers!

Haha, if only the world was like "Oh, you didn't get this but I have all of my life so I'll just give you the chances I have." We were talking about that or something like this in school today. You have to earn what you want and obviously the Cardinals aren't trying hard enough to get want they want. They're not together, they don't have that same brotherly bond as the Steelers have. That is why we are the champs of the NFL. We're together and we work hard. So please don't say that the Steelers have been to the superbowl too many times because they deserve it.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:36 am
thunder_dude7 says...

I wanted the Steelers to win. I actually don't care for the Steelers. So why did I want them to win?

Well, as a REDSKINS fan, I am quite happy our rivals, the cowboys, no longer have the most superbowl wins.

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant