80%
Mr. Rochester
20%

Total votes : 5

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:14 pm
Angel of Death says...

Okay, not to start a trend of Polls or anything (for if this is what it ends up being then I shall say that my defense is that Snoink started it!) but I am really curious.

As a fan of both Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre , I know all too well every personality of both the lovable characters.

But who would you choose if given the choice?

Here is my answer:

[spoiler]
I'd secretly marry both and keep one locked away in a room in my Manor and hire someone like Grace Poole to attend to them. Aren't I horrible? ^_^
[/spoiler]
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:54 pm
Lauren says...

Hee hee, that sounds like a good idea :D

For me, it would be Mr Rochester. Although Mr Darcy has his virtues, he wouldn't suit me at all. The truth is, I'm very shy myself, and thus we would sit silently together and nothing we ever be said! There would be no witty repartee :(
Mr Rochester however... Well, that wit, that brooding! I would marry him just to hear his voice. Sadly, however, I don't think I could ever be his Jane. I'm not nearly half mysterious enough. Mr Rochester would undoubtedly grow to resent me and have me committed to the attic. *Weeps*
Ah, but I love him yet!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:15 am
Ducati says...

I agonised over this. Now I have come to a decision. I would chose Mr Rochester, even though I'm much more like Elizabeth. Mr Darcy just misses out on me, sadly for him :P
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:50 pm
Demeter says...

I haven't read Jane Eyre for quite a long time, but I still choose Darcy, because he just... is. Plus I think Rochester was a little too old.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:26 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

See, here's the thing: I don't think I'd be right for either one of them. So I probably wouldn't pick either one of them. Darcy's a little too shy and serious (he'd probably find my enthusiastic self annoying) and Rochester just drives me up the wall with all of his stupid deceitful teasing (I'd brain him on sight - he was going to wait an entire year of marriage before telling Jane he was a polygamist!?).

However, between the two of them, Darcy all the way. The straightforward gentleman is far more to my liking.

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:29 pm
Hannah says...

he was going to wait an entire year of marriage before telling Jane he was a polygamist!?).

:shock: UH WHAT NOW?!?!
Holy crap, I must go finish Jane Eyre!! xDDD !!!

I think Mr. Rochester would be a bit more fun than Mr. Darcy, but I do love Mr. Darcy's understated affection. ;=; Plus his line about walking blahblahblha. I can't make up my mind!!

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker