z

Young Writers Society

What do you fear?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:26 am
Linx says...

To me, the stuff that has happened to others and me scares me. Stuff that I used to be okay with, then something happened.

I've always been scared of jellyfish, because my uncle got stung by one once and was in the hospital for a long time.

Once at the pool, a snake reared up right behind my mom's head. I can't stand getting near one now.

Another time, I feel down and hit my head when it was pitch black. I have a scar over my right eye. I can't go to sleep with it completely dark either.

I had a friend who I found out was just using me. After that, I was scared to make new friends.

I'm scared that parents will die just when I need them. That happened with my grandparents.

But, there are always ways to take control over your fears. You can't live your life out of fear. That's what I've been trying to do.

Some of these things are going to be off this list soon. :D
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:33 pm
JFW1415 says...

Men. My father. Failure. Being stupid. Lapsing back into depression.

~JFW1415

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:46 am
Ducati says...

Dogs. Rejection. The Unknown. Heights. Being in a bicycle accident. Being loved by no-one.
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 pm
Elelel says...

Sharks. Deep vein thrombosis (where you get a blood clot and just DROP DEAD. Saw a doco on it when I was eight). Public speaking or performing. Having a large group of people fix their attention on me for any reason that does not fall under the catagory of "public speaking" or "performing". Failure. Telling people about failure. Having something wrong with me.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:01 pm
Evi says...

Failure. Loved ones dying. Making a wrong choice.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:07 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

Silence. something happening to those I love. Living only when it's time to die. Not living at all. Being forgotten.
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:11 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Dying. I'm so scared of dying. There was a point in my life where I couldn't go to sleep because I believed I wouldn't wake up. I would also think about what death would be like and I'd cry. Another thing I'm scared of is high school. I haven't gotten there yet but it seems so intimidating. My friend keeps telling me they pick on the freshmen all the time. I was like thanks...
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 am
thunder_dude7 says...

In unsure situations, I assume the worst. So I freak when it comes to darkness.

I'm not fond of heights, but I can stand them.

Roller coasters scare me. I'm OK once the drop actually happens, but the anticipation kills me.

Reviews: 3
Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:20 am
Moody says...

Needles
Bees/Wasps/etc
Getting lost
Embarrassment
Cancer
Death
Being alone in a public place
Being watched

I could go on and on. I've afraid of a lot of things. Some of them(ex. being watched) are sort of irrational.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:36 pm
EmmaJ says...

I am cool with the dark , spiders ,being alone all of that but I do have two completly irashal fears.

Cars. I have a fear of raods, cars being in cars and being hit by cars. It all started when I had a dream of being in a car driven by my friend and every one (my best friends) dies apart from me. I would hate that ,one I can live with out my friends and two there death was due to something that is kill the earth slowly and painfuly.

And my second and I have not ever told any one this but I have a fear of mind readers. I know no one can read minds but the thought is all ways in the back of my mind when I am having a fantasy of some sort. It achaly couses me to stop thinking of what ever I was thinking about. I am so lame. :oops:

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:20 am
View Likes
Lil_Pau says...

Bees. Fire ants *shudders*. Whenever I think of them I imagine many swarming/crawling around me. I don't know why - I just hate the fact that they're poisonous and have 'shiny' abdomens.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:59 am
alwaysawriter says...

What tomorrow brings. Not knowing if the day will be good or bad. I'm scared that I can't control my thoughts (which, in turn, controls my emotions), even though I'm suppossed to be able to. Letting the wrong people get too close and pushing the right ones away. Things I can't control; of the unknown. I'm scared of who I am without my mental issue because I don't know. I'm scared that I can't tell you what my favorite color is because being impartial was just so much easier. I'm scared that I don't know myself at all. I'm scared that everything is going to fall apart and that I can't be who everyone wants me to be; who I want to be. I'm scared of failure and of sucess. I'm scared that I have all this power and energy but I don't know how to use it. I'm scared that I'm not normal but at the same time, am a little scared to be normal.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:17 pm
WaterVyper says...

Another one is telling somebody bad news. I've done that before, with a relative whose sister landed in the hospital. I never want to have to go through that again. It's just... frightening. Actually, what I think scares me is that if something ever happened to somebody close to me, nobody would tell me. That's just awful. Though, being the bearer of bad news isn't much better...
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:32 am
Fishr says...

Aerophobia, yet, I've managed to fly on planes. So long as I'm not near a window, I'm fine, mostly. The fear of crashing is always lurking.

Abandonment.

Dark. I truely have a phobia, haha. There are quite a few different areas related to the "dark," meaning different phobias that corrosepond to it. For me, it's "feeling watched," and fall asleep to nightmares. I had terrible, awful nightmares as a wee thing. Other than that, if there's a group of people around, I walk freely in the dead of night for hours without an issue. Some nights are better than others. It all depends on how much my imagination is alive.

Bees. Good Lord! They scare the bajeezus out of me! I move quite fast when I spot one.

Seaweed.

...and other oddities. ;)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:17 pm
Flux says...

It seems that many people have common fears. But what if all of us colaberated and, like, faced our fears?

Anyways, reading everything of what others say, I have to agree now with two fears:

Death~ I guess I'm afraid of the unknown. Where will I go? Heaven or Hell? Did I do the right thing in my lifetime? Do we get reincarnated. I am a believer of God, but what if I didn't do the things he wanted me to do?

The Ocean~ Yes, the ocean. The magnificent and beautiful ocean. Why? Well this ties into my other fears. How deep is it? What creatures lurk underneath, waiting to feed on my flesh? We only know a handful of the creatures on this earth, so what if there really was the Loch Ness monster? (Have I said this already?) Anyways, sharks are in the ocean. And I would hate to be swimming in the ocean for days, just paddling there without a thing to do.

So, yeah. That's my other fears.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer