z

Young Writers Society

Inkheart movie

Reviews: 2
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 am
Minerva Scriptor says...

Although this movie was much different from the book, I thought it was overall quite good. It was a little strange, however that Meggie had a British accent, and her father was American. Unfortunately the ending seems to indicate that there won't be any further movies.

What do you think?
I never tell anybody exactly how clever I am.
They would be too scared. ~Artemis Fowl

Accept the Truth.
If you don’t like it, Change it.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 pm
WaterVyper says...

I haven't seen the movie yet, since it hasn't come out in Jakarta. I don't think it ever will. Right now, I'm looking for the DVD. If there is one. But I do know that when I watch it, I'll be hugging my book all the way. I just tend to do that if I'm watching an adaptation. Sometimes, I'll look at the page and say, "That wasn't supposed to happen." It's fun, and it helps if your teacher is asking for a compare and contrast essay.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:09 pm
Night Mistress says...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but i want to so bad. i am wainting to read the book after i see the movie because i don't want the movie destoryed my vision of the book in my head.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Reviews: 2
Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:53 am
Evanesce says...

I don't want to see the movie, personally.
I remember reading the book last year, and can only remember tidbits. But seeing the commercials it looks totally different from the book, so, no.
So far books turned into movies (cough, twilight, cough, Eragon, cough, cough. Sorry, bad cold) have especially turned the whole book different and I would prefer the book thank you very much.
But that's just my opinion.
[Insert odd signature here that makes you wonder if I'm really human]

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:35 pm
MeadowLark says...

So far books turned into movies (cough, twilight, cough, Eragon, cough, cough. Sorry, bad cold) have especially turned the whole book different and I would prefer the book thank you very much.

I agree about Eragon. The movie was sooo different than the book.

But I really,really want to see Inkheart. I expect it to be different but I want to see. Besides...it has Brenden Fraser in it. He's one of my favourite actors.
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:20 am
WaterVyper says...

*sigh* I just watched the movie, and I had to leave after half an hour. It wasn't what I was expecting, definitely not as good as I expected it to be. They totally changed the entire opening, and I didn't enjoy it at all. I have yet to see one movie that has remained loyal to the books, and I'm desperate. But, I suppose it won't happen. THe Inkheart movie just wasn't that exciting.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:23 am
Syte says...

I don't think you should expect a movie ot be as good as its novel. Ever. For one thing, movies have to condense events the story if its based off a big book, and since movies are visual they sometimes have to tell the story differently.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever get around to seeing the movie. I haven't read this book in so long, and I can only remember tid-bits as well.

I find it odd that they didn't leave room for a sequel. I would have thought that the guys in hollywood would have wanted to make a franchise if they had the chance. This especially goes for Eragon. Even if Eragon (movie) had done well at the box-office, there's no way they could have made a sequel.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue May 19, 2009 1:38 pm
Phantomofthebasket says...

I personally really liked the movie.
It was wayyyyyy different than the book, but then again, movies always are.
But personally I think it was a good different.

Though I can't quite decide if I like the actor who played Dustfinger or not...
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver