z

Young Writers Society

Want to get published?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:39 am
whiteKnight says...

Hey everyone,
So I don't exactly know how to go about this advertising business... so I'm just going to say it straight out.

WhiteKnight Publishing is a fairly new company...okay, so brand new. We started this company in order to get young people (ages 13-25) published. We've been where you are and we know how difficult and frustrating it is to get your work edited and/or published at such a young age. We want to make sure that young writers all over the world have the chance to get their stories out.

So if you're between the ages of 13-25, consider yourself to be a good writer, and have finished at least one book, then you should give us a try. You have nothing to lose; if the book flops, then you've got a hundred copies of it to give out to your friends and family. If it sells, then...you're a success!!!

So like it says above, whiteKnight is a brand new company, so we have no one published yet. However, if you are willing to let us publish your book as a test run, we'd be very very grateful. Again, you have nothing to lose!

Please don't contact us unless you are finishing up or have already finished your book. We would like to start as soon as possible.

Thank you so much!
-whiteKnight Publishing

whiteKnight.Publishing@hotmail.com

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 am
Snoink says...

*Moved to The Lounge*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:51 am
Snoink says...

Also, you picked a bad name for a start-up company. There already is a White Knight Publishing. Your name will just confuse everybody. ;)

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Random avatar

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:57 am
whiteKnight says...

We know...there's like three of them. BUT:

Ours is ONE word. :)
whiteKnight.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:00 am
Snoink says...

Lol! Too confusing! XD

You should pick Red Phone Booth Publishing. That probably isn't taken! ;)

Random avatar

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:02 am
whiteKnight says...

LOL yeah probably not... but somehow I don't think that sounds too inspirational! :)
Seriously, though, we're open to any new ideas...technically we're not even a real company yet, so we can definitely change our name!
...Although we'd prefer not to :)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:02 am
Snoink says...

Who is we? :)

Random avatar

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:08 am
whiteKnight says...

"We" is (are?) the company creators. Yeah, there're TWO of us!!! :o

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:09 am
Princess says...

Are you seriously 15 years old. It seems a tad bit young for a publishing company... :?
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:09 am
View Likes
Jon says...

I just went online before I saw you weren't the only White Knight Publishing and I emailed them. Now that I know this I had to email them back and tell them to disregard my last email. Now they'll probably bug me for weeks. Anyway, you might want to consider changing the name like Snoink said.

I'm glad you started something like this.
Edit : If you're not a real company, why would I give you my book?

---Jon---
:D
Last edited by Jon on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:10 am
Snoink says...

Dun dun dunnnn!

I think I almost started up a publishing business with my sister a couple of years back, but after a while, it bored us and stuff. Hopefully you'll do better. :P

Also! You should wander around YWS and stuff. It's good for you. Better than carrots, even.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:13 am
Princess says...

Do you think you would be able to publish a book of poetry?
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

Random avatar

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:16 am
whiteKnight says...

Oh dear. Wisemann, I'm very sorry. Or we're very sorry. Whatever.
Maybe we should change our name...hmm...
BUT our email was clearly at the bottom of our post.
Princess, that's the point. We're not some big giant corporate "you're not good enough for our standards" company. We pretty much know what we're doing.
PLUS we're not normal. And I'M fifteen, my 'partner' is 16!

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:17 am
Jon says...

Good idea, Princess! I would definitely look more into you guys if you could do poetry. Although I'd need proof that you were legit.
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 am
whiteKnight says...

We're not a "real" company YET because we don't have any potential authors to get published.
With your help, we will be soon.
It's a matter of trust, I guess. Like I said in the original post, you've got nothing to lose. You end up with either a bunch of copies of your book, or lots of money. If anything, we would be the ones losing money. Publishers don't collect money from the authors.

Princess, that depends on how long it is.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke