z

Young Writers Society

Want to get published?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:21 am
whiteKnight says...

We're definitely legit. We can send you like our... wait, how can we prove our legitimacy?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:25 am
Princess says...

It would be a fairly short book with about 20 poems, each with a meaning deciphering, and a story behind it. Each poem would take from one to two pages.
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

Random avatar

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:31 am
whiteKnight says...

I guess we'd have to take a look at it, Princess, but we'd be willing to try?
Unfortunately I'm not sure that poetry books sell as well as novels!

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:31 am
Jon says...

I know that you don't give money to a publisher. Trust? That's an awful lot to put into someone that you don't even know. I am interested, don't get me wrong. It's just that, Do you actually know what you're doing? Have you researched it? Got lawyers? To be a business you have to get all of that stuff out of the way. Have you created a website?

Just a tip: I wouldn't send anything I worked hard on to some 'company' that wasn't even legit. I wouldn't give my hard work to trust, It's too much to ask really.

I understand that you're trying to do a good thing and I hope you can pull it off! The publishing business needs more people willing to focus on younger writers. To do that however, you have to be some type of business.

I don't mean to be harsh, but do you think anyone will just give you something they've worked hard on if it's not all the way set up?

I'd be glad to send you some things, but first, I'd just need some proof and legitimacy.

All the best,

---Jon---
P.S. I don't mean or want to be harsh, these are just some of the rules and requirements if you want people to confide in your 'company'.
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:39 am
whiteKnight says...

I understand. We're in the process of getting the company registered (LEGITIMATELY, albeit as a 'small business'), and we'll hopefully get a website up sometime soon.
We were supposed to have gotten that stuff done before we started "advertising" (hah), but I guess I just got really excited and made this YWS account :).
We definitely do know what we're doing; the marketing is going to be done by my partner's family (they're in the marketing business), but we haven't got lawyers. As far as I can tell from the research we've done, lawyers aren't needed for 'small businesses'. If they are, we've got the connections.

I understand that you're not trying to be harsh, and I appreciate all your help! But I'm pretty sure that we can get this company up and running in the next few months. (Keep your fingers crossed!)

Also, what kind of proof would you need?

I understand, I definitely wouldn't send any of my writing to someone I didn't even know.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:47 am
Jon says...

Well, when you do get it up and running I'd love to be one of your first authors! Although It would be a poetry book of 50 poems or more. If you are wondering what type of poet I am, you an look at this:
www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic42469.html

I also have written two children's stories.

(Just so you know, I am not giving this to you) :lol:
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:07 am
whiteKnight says...

Haha no worries, we don't steal work.
Okay, so we'll get set up, then, and if you're still interested by that time, then hopefully we can come to an agreement.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:52 pm
jasmine12 says...

Maybe your 'small buisness' can set up a wesite. There you can advertise and branch out so that writers can find you. You can explain what exactly it is that you will be doing (ex. the publishing process) You could also state what types of work you want, like novles (page limit/min) that type of thing.
Just a few suggestions. XD
Good luck!!!!
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:46 pm
MissMiaFacinelli says...

I'm interested!!
I am currently working on a story now: if I work my socks off I can finish it within the next two/three weeks.

BUT only if you are serious and you aren't about to nick my idea and also only if I get full copyright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had better be serious...

But I agree, you should get a website
Last edited by MissMiaFacinelli on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:48 pm
MissMiaFacinelli says...

wisemann210 wrote:I know that you don't give money to a publisher. Trust? That's an awful lot to put into someone that you don't even know. I am interested, don't get me wrong. It's just that, Do you actually know what you're doing? Have you researched it? Got lawyers? To be a business you have to get all of that stuff out of the way. Have you created a website?

Just a tip: I wouldn't send anything I worked hard on to some 'company' that wasn't even legit. I wouldn't give my hard work to trust, It's too much to ask really.

I understand that you're trying to do a good thing and I hope you can pull it off! The publishing business needs more people willing to focus on younger writers. To do that however, you have to be some type of business.

I don't mean to be harsh, but do you think anyone will just give you something they've worked hard on if it's not all the way set up?

I'd be glad to send you some things, but first, I'd just need some proof and legitimacy.

All the best,

---Jon---
P.S. I don't mean or want to be harsh, these are just some of the rules and requirements if you want people to confide in your 'company'.

I totally agree with you

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 pm
KailaMarie says...

I have a question, though. After you publish something, what are you planning on doing with it? Like could you get it into stores, or would it be sold online?

I am very interested in getting published, but I'm wondering what your process is going to be like.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

108 Reviews

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 am
KailaMarie says...

Also, why not like "BlueKnight" publishing? If white knight is taken by a couple people I agree, it would be better to start with your own name. Even though the space makes it different, it sounds the same and is confusing.

Random avatar

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:31 am
whiteKnight says...

I can assure you that we are serious and we are definitely not about to steal your ideas. We are currently working on creating a website so hopefully we’ll have one sooner than later. As for your question KailaMarie we are definitely going to try to get it into stores, that’s our goal. We could also try to sell it online and see how that goes. Basically we’ll do everything we can to make sure than your book is available and in demand.

Random avatar

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:33 am
whiteKnight says...

blueKnight? hmmmmmmmm
thats a good idea.
what will 'blue' stand for though?

108 Reviews

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:37 am
KailaMarie says...

I'm not sure, but it's sort of a pun because it could be "Blue Night" or "Blue Knight" because many times the moon casts a blue glow at night...? I don't know, I just sort of thought it sounded cool. Haha.

EDIT: And if you're interested in creating a website, http://www.freewebs.com is pretty easy to use, and there are useful tools on that site too. If you pay for a membership, more is available to you, but you don't have to. Just thought that might help.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn