z

Young Writers Society

Geek Moments

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:01 pm
Rosendorn says...

Erm, my geek moment of the day was seeing this thread bumped and wondering what cool things people have done.

Yes, I said cool. ^_^
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:49 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Okay, geek moment.

We were in math, and a friend of mine convinced our group that we had the answer wrong, so we changed it. If we got the wrong answer, it'd be minus thirty points, I think. I told the friend that if he got it wrong, I'd kill him.

We got it wrong, and it took four of my strongest friends to hold me back from ripping him apart, limb from limb.

I'm kind of passionate about my grades.

XD
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:58 pm
Firestarter says...

I have hundreds of geek moments, but a recent one topped them all.

We were playing a pen & paper role-playing game, WHFRP, and as part of our most recent mission we had to disguise ourselves and enter a particular high-roller's club. Upon entering, the GM said there was a band playing music. I asked him what kind of music and he said a sort of medieval jazz.

Me and a friend instantly starting humming the Star Wars cantina song at the same time.

(As an aside, I think we also reference Lord of the Rings and other nerdish pop culture quotes during the same session.)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:36 am
ToritheMonster says...

Geek moment: I played Final Fanstasy III.

My Dark Mage leveled up.

(nuff said)
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:03 pm
Ruth says...

I watched University Challenge and enjoyed it.
"Ruth.
She's alive because she is not dead,
and junk."
~JoJo

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:38 pm
Jetpack says...

This is more a "I spend too much time reviewing on YWS" moment, but my brothers were talking about some trouble they'd been in last summer and the youngest one said, "It was his fault. He was older."

I automatically replied, "He's still older, isn't he? Why'd you use past tense?"

I was ignored. xD

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:04 pm
pshhxhoney says...

Okay, I have one. It's probably not as good as all of yours though!

Anyway, I was over my friend's house one day and we were on the computer. And I was texting and talking to her and she leans over and reads my text and she says, "You text so grown up." I corrected her said, "It's not you text so grown up, it's you text like a grown up." Then she tells me I need to text like a teenager by using u instead or you and wit instead of with. I then proceed to tell her that those weren't grammatically correct and I like texting proper, so suck, and continued texting. She still holds the way I text against me, and whenever I text her I always correct her just to annoy her xD
"I'm yet happy and sad at the same time and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -Stephen Chbosky

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:28 am
Azula says...

I have lots of those. Too numerous to remember most of them, in fact. But I remember recently, I had to explain myself not once, but twice when answering questions about our preferences in math(the teacher wanted to try to connect the lesson to the students). He asked us What our favorite genre of novel was, and I said science fiction or fantasy, and some steam-punk. I confused a lot of people. He then asked us what our favorite board game was and I said Khet. Ask me. I dare you.
They, are not your MUFFINS!!!!!!!!!! - John Worthing/Ernest Moncrieff (The importance of being Ernest)

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:41 pm
Fishr says...

I'm a geek on a daily basis. My avatar speaks for itself.

That said, I geek out on medicine, its principles, and patients with mental illinesses. Really, I'm a lover of learning, so once I learn said subject, expect incoherant rambling from yours truely.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:22 am
View Likes
Dr.Atl says...

*looks at boyfriends ears*

Hey, he could mod them to look like a vulcan's with ease!Wait, did I really just think that? *facepalm*

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm
Kale says...

I said Khet. Ask me. I dare you.

I. Love. That. Game.

(I remember when it was still called Deflexion. New name = so much more awesome.)
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:40 pm
Rosendorn says...

Kyllorac wrote:
I said Khet. Ask me. I dare you.

I. Love. That. Game.

(I remember when it was still called Deflexion. New name = so much more awesome.)

You know, I actually looked it up and remembered I loved it too? I think I still have it somewhere. xD

Geek moment of my life- having about three people ask you what to do for a project. In an hour.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:21 pm
kidashka says...

Pretending that the £20 textbook you just brought is actually going to help with your project, when actually you just think it looks like the most fascinating book on the planet.

And then when it arrives you dance around the room gleefully.

:|
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:22 pm
Fishr says...

I think for a non-Med student, I'm more familar with epidemics from the mid 17th century to the early 20th, around the 1950's the lastest, than most people.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:09 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I cannot wait, in any sense of the word, to get started on my English project.

I get to analyze how a song relates to my book! OMIGOD YESSS!
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria