z

Young Writers Society

Presidential Inauguration

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Monki says...

Anyone watching it/watched it? I watched part of it.

Any opinions of our new "president"? xD

*keeps mouth shut--has nothing nice to say*
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:36 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I watched it. I watched him take the oath of office and came back up to the computer. Monki, I'm with you. I have nothing nice to say either but he's now our president and there's not anything we can do about it so there's no point for us to complain about it. :?

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:43 pm
Blink says...

It's either him or McCain, so, you know, at least it's a human being. (Seriously, imagine a country run by goats.)

I was flicking through the channels when I came across the inauguration! And I remembered it was on, and I watched the speech, then came back up here. :)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 pm
Meshugenah says...

I'm annoyed I missed the first part live 'cause I was asleep. I knew this cold would be bad!

If nothing else is said, this must: he is a brilliant orator. Now, I want to see the first part, and get a transcript and analyze the speech simply for itself! *geek*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:06 pm
Gahks says...

Obama is like the greatest speaker ever. Maybe an exaggeration, but you get the idea. He possesses a certain charisma and verve that McCain just doesn't have.

I'm missing all the inauguration bumpf, but hey, at least Obama's finally on the scene! He's going to have to put an awful lot of work in if America and the rest of the world, for that matter, is going to get back on track.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:08 pm
View Likes
Via says...

I'm pretty sure this is the only time in the history of my entire life that I've felt like saying "Amen!" to whoever was speaking. And I am so not religious.

Yay Obama! :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:39 pm
Mars says...

Via--agreed! And, Gahks is right: it will take a lot of work, but at least now Obama can start working, instead of another four years of...yeah.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:01 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

I was going to go see it... but then my family was like "Ugh, they closed down 395..."
They basically made it impossible for people in the DC area to go see it. :(

We figured we'd rather watch it at home with heat and flushing toilets. ^_^

Obama is such an amazing speaker.
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 pm
Monki says...

Okay, I do have something nice to say about him: He is an absolutely amazing speaker.

I agree 150% with those of you saying that. Sadly, I don't agree with his choices and it's hard to believe that he can keep certain promises that he has made to us.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:13 pm
Juniper says...

I watched it :D. I love the way he speaks :D. (My mom kept shaking her head at the lady who read the poem at the end; she didn't get the point of it xD)

To all of you who might be in the negative, give the guy a chance :D.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

243 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:20 pm
Blink says...

He messed up a few of his words when he spoke, which must have been the most embarrassing thing ever. But he shook it off. Good for him.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Juniper says...

That doesn't matter, Blink xD. I would be dead nervous up there standing in front of the whole congress party (whatever it's called) at the biggest moment in history. Besides, it was freezing cold too. All that matters is he got the message across :D.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

243 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:29 pm
Blink says...

Oh yeah I know--but I bet he must have been so angry with himself. I would probably be kind of silent and then just splutter out some random rubbish. =)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:16 pm
Demeter says...

I watched the oath and the beginning of his speech – they showed it live even in Finland!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:27 pm
Jon says...

I didn't get to see it! I was in math and because we had a snow day the past thursday when I have that clase for an hour and a half, we had to 'catch up'. We could have but he thought that learning a problem was more important than watching history! Hugh!

I will see it though, just not live. I bet the news will show it later on tonight. :D

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

Who knew Kansas City had its own branch of the Yakuza?
— Jason Sudeikis