z

Young Writers Society

Is anyone here a Pentecostal?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:11 am
Areida says...

Kind of off-topic, but okay...

Once you have 250 posts an option appears in your profile that allows you change your custom rank. But until then you're stuck wif it. Sowwy.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:43 am
Jennafina says...

I was wondering that too, actually, but I was afriad to ask. I thaught you had to buy it or somthing.. (Some other sights are like that, buy yourself authorit ect.) Thanks Areida.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:49 am
Snoink says...

Okay, then! :) What is a pentecostal?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:41 am
concertchick16 says...

:arrow: At my church it means that we believe in the Day of Pentecost as outlined in Acts 2:38
we believe that speaking in tounges is the evidence of having the Holy Ghost,
that God robbed himself in flesh and came down to earth as Jesus, then when he left he sent the Host Ghost to be our comforter. He is all three but still one. And yes miricles are still perfomed.
I'm Pentecoastol/Apostolic

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:24 pm
Mackdaddy77 says...

Hey Dude, I am Pentecostal... And I think you have a great place. Keep it up. It is nice to know that there are other pentecostals out there. Keep it up and always about it.
Writing can be used as the expression of your heart, mind, and soul, if used right. -Micah Hurst

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:17 pm
Bobo says...

Do most Christian religions not believe that miracles can still be performed today? I believe they can; in fact, I've seen a few and heard of many that close friends and such have seen. We believe that the Holy Ghost can grant the gift of tongues, but then so can the devil by way of possession, so you have to use the Holy Ghost to discern whether what's being said is good or evil.

Anyway, I find this very interesting, especially how so many religions can be so close but be based on little differences that change the whole face of a religion.

As for that Flat Earth thing- *dies laughing*

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:27 am
Snoink says...

First of all, your first sentence has too many negatives. :P Second of all, many Christian religions do believe that miracles happen today.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:24 am
falling in love says...

I just stumbled upon this looking at different things that have happened on the site. I'm pentecostal too! Isn't that awesome. To anyone who happens to stumble upon this like I did and is curious: Pentecostal is this. One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. Pretty much that is it. We believe that three are one and that to be saved and make it to heaven you have to repent, be baptised in the name of jesus christ and then you will recieve the gift of the holy ghost. I know it's complicated, but i love it. I'm sure any other pentecostals on here would agree. This was a sticky topic.
"This was my first bus ride."
----Ardeth Bay from the Mummy Returns

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:34 am
Kay Kay says...

I remember this. I'd left for a while when my internet got shut off and people were threatening to kill me over the internet and came back to find this forum with my name in it. That was a long time ago and really not that important. Anyways, falling in love is absolutely correct. I agree 100%. I think it is good for us to discuss our different beliefs on here as a way of getting to know each other. I'm surprised that people actually got mad at others while talking about religion. Some people had their views on what they believe it is and others simply wanted to share what they believed. Some funny that made me smile while others were just...wow. Not many people are pentecostal, though it is said to be the fastest growing christain donomination in the world. It's not really a donomination either but more of a life experience. I really didn't clarify that before when people were actually curious to know.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler