z

Young Writers Society

Tabs ?

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:26 pm
Evi says...

:(

When copying and pasting a story from Microsoft Word onto YWS, I can't get my tabs to transfer as well. I think they're called tabs, at least. Those spaces at the beginning of every paragraph? That make it look neat and clean?

Anyway, I was planning to post my prologue until I realized that I had no idea how to do this. And I tried just pressing the space bar key five times to give the effect, but it doesn't work either.

Anyone willing to help a newbie? *bats eyelashes*

~Evi

P.S. I hope I posted this in the right spot. Forgive me if I didn't.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:35 pm
JabberHut says...

Yes, I believe I know what you're speaking of. It's that inch or so indent of each paragraph, yes? Well, YWS doesn't have that formatting. xD

Instead, you can put a space between each paragraph (like you've done and I'm doing) so it's easier to read. There are no indents, however. Apologies. ^_^
I make my own policies.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:35 pm
Snoink says...

Post it into one of the fiction threads. It should automatically make your post tabbed. <3
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:16 pm
Evi says...

Muchos gracias. I think the dilemma has been solved thanks to your profound wisdom and helpfulness.

:)

Thanks.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:23 am
fire_of_dawn says...

Here's some advice I picked up. Place a few underscores __ like this and set them to white.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help