z

Young Writers Society

A Laugh

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:14 pm
Starleene says...

ok guy's u have made my day seriously :) so funny, love the garter snake one it was hilariouse lol :)
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

87 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:29 pm
Starleene says...

your on the bus when suddenly you realize...you need to fart
the music is really loud, so you time your farts with the beat.After a couple songs, you start to feel better as you approach your stop. As you are leaving the bus, people are really stareing you down, and thats when you remember: you've been listening to your ipod :)

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 am
anti-pop says...

BAHAHAHAA! xD
I really hope that isn't based off of a real-life experience, Starleene. :D

After numerous rounds of: "We don't even know if Osama is still alive," Osama himself decided to send George Bush a letter in his own handwriting to let him know he was still in the game.

Bush opened the letter and it appeared to contain a coded message: 370HSSV-0773H

Bush was baffled, so he e-mailed it to Condi Rice. Condi and her aides had no clue either, so they sent it to the F B I. No one could solve it so it went to the C I A, then to NSA.

With no clue as to its meaning, they eventually asked Britain's MI-6 for help. MI-6 cabled the White House:

"Tell the President he's holding the message upside down."

I guess it's time to come clean: I have nothing against Bush, I just think the banter revolving around him is hilarious. I mean, come on. It's funny. :D
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:08 am
Linx says...

Haha!

Since we are already in the political jokes....

Ah...those aren't that funny.

George Bush, get out of the way. Here come the lolcats!
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:32 am
WaterVyper says...

More true stuff. *sigh* Where is humanity going these days?

An Australian prison guard held hostage for two days was released after a ransom demand for pizzas was met.

Up to 20 inmates at the Risdon Prison in Hobart, Tasmania, seized the guard in a protest over conditions in the maximum security jail.

Initially they made 24 demands to authorities, but eventually gave up their hostage after agreeing to 15 pizzas, Coke and garlic bread instead.

"At midnight, the final sticking point with the inmates was that they were requiring pizzas to be delivered. Our staff member was negotiated out with the delivery of 15 pizzas," Graeme Barber, Tasmania's director of prisons, told The Advocate newspaper.

The guard is recovering from his ordeal at home.

In a hotel in Athens:
Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9 and 11 A.M. daily.

In a New York medical building:
Mental Health Prevention Center

In the lobby of a Moscow hotel across from a Russian Orthodox monastery:
You are welcome to visit the cemetery where famous Russian and Soviet composers, artists, and writers are buried daily except Thursday.

In a clothing store:
Wonderful bargains for men with 16 and 17 necks.

In a Swiss mountain inn:
Special today -- no ice cream.

In the window of an Oregon general store:
Why go elsewhere to be cheated, when you can come here?

In a Budapest zoo:
Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, give it to the guard on duty.

In the grounds of a private school:
No trespassing without permission.

Spotted in a safari park:
Elephants, please stay in your car.

"Here are my qualifications for you to overlook."

"Wholly responsible for two (2) failed financial institutions."

"Instrumental in ruining an entire Midwest chain operation." (Perhaps he meant running.)

"Note: Please don't misconstrue my 14 jobs as job-hopping. I have never quit a job."

"Finished eighth in my class of ten."

"Experienced supervisor, defective with both rookies and seasoned professionals."

"Please call me after 5:30. I am self-employed and my employer does not know I am looking for another job."

"It's best for employers that I not work with people."

"I’m extremely loyal to my present firm, so please don’t let them know of my immediate availability."

"I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the bonnet. I realized the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket."

"On approach to the traffic lights the car in front suddenly broke."

"I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."

"The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."

"I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."

"In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."

"An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished."

"I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:48 am
anti-pop says...

Bros 'fore hoes, dude.
^___________________^

It's even funnier because I actually study Ju Jitsu. :D

...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

228 Reviews

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:18 pm
Linx says...

87 Reviews

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:41 pm
Starleene says...

Two old men had been best friends for years, and they both live to their early 90's, when one of them suddenly falls deathly ill. His friend comes to visit him on his deathbed, and they're reminiscing about their long friendship, when the dying man's friend asks, "Listen, when you die, do me a favor. I want to know if there's baseball in heaven."

The dying man said, "We've been friends for years, this I'll do for you." And then he dies.

A couple days later, his surviving friend is sleeping when he hears his friend's voice. The voice says, "I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that there's baseball in heaven."

"What's the bad news?"

"You're pitching on Wednesday."

87 Reviews

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:42 pm
Starleene says...

A man dies and goes to Heaven. He gets to meet GOD and asks GOD if he can ask him a few questions.

"Sure," GOD says, "Go right ahead".

"OK," the man says. "Why did you make women so pretty?"

GOD says, "So you would like them."

"OK," the guy says. "But how come you made them so beautiful?"

"So you would LOVE them", GOD replies.

The man ponders a moment and then asks, "But why did you make them such airheads?"

GOD says, "So they would love you!"

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm
Flux says...

Here ya are: A real life experiance of mine. Embarassing, but quite funny for me when I look back at it.

So I'm in grade six. We just went to a winter camp called "Camp Wanakita." I'm psyched to go cross-country skiing in the forest. So we're skiing, its nice, none of us can go downhill very well (because they're cross-country skis but apparently the councillor doesn't know that.

So the week that we're there, so are a group fo teens. They're 17 or 18 year old. They're just going past us on the path as we're ending our run, and we're going down a small ramp/ slope sorta. Then, I'm doing so good, and the kid behind me trips and falls. I blush because once he falls, I go down too. Then the girl in front of me, then practically everyone.

The teens laugh, and I feel like an idiot. The funny thing is I smacked the kid afterward to falling.

LaReina!

(Sorry, its not too funny, but I sure think it is.)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:28 pm
Hotaru-Kun says...

A conversation I had with someone.

Robin: Gays are wrong!
Me: Why? (shuffles uncomfortably)
Robin: Because they're unatural, everyone says so!
Me: So is polyester, but I don't see you complaining about that.
Robin:... Yeah, but it's still wrong!
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

122 Reviews

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:31 am
WaterVyper says...

Police in Wichita, Kansas, arrested a 22-year-old man at an airport hotel after he tried to pass two (counterfeit) $16 bills.

A man in Johannesberg, South Africa, shot his 49-year-old friend in the face, seriously wounding him, while the two practiced shooting beer cans off each other's head.

A company trying to continue its five-year perfect safety record showed its workers a film aimed at encouraging the use of safety goggles on the job. According to Industrial Machinery News, the film's depiction of gory industrial accidents was so graphic that twenty-five workers suffered minor injuries in their rush to leave the screening room. Thirteen others fainted, and one man required seven stitches after he cut his head falling off a chair while watching the film.

The Chico, California, City Council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons, setting a $500 fine for anyone detonating one within city limits.

A bus carrying five passengers was hit by a car in St. Louis, but by the time police arrived on the scene, fourteen pedestrians had boarded the bus and had begun to complain of whiplash injuries and back pain.

Swedish business consultant Ulf af Trolle labored 13 years on a book about Swedish economic solutions. He took the 250-page manuscript to be copied, only to have it reduced to 50,000 strips of paper in seconds when a worker confused the copier with the shredder.

A convict broke out of jail in Washington D.C., then a few days later accompanied his girlfriend to her trial for robbery. At lunch, he went out for a sandwich. She needed to see him, and thus had him paged. Police officers recognized his name and arrested him as he returned to the courthouse in a car he had stolen over the lunch hour.

Police in Radnor, Pennsylvania, interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.

When two service station attendants in Ionia, Michigan, refused to hand over the cash to an intoxicated robber, the man threatened to call the police. They still refused, so the robber called the police and was arrested.
There once was a cat.

228 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:30 am
Linx says...

*cough* Balloons 101 *cough*

122 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:43 pm
WaterVyper says...

If you can, turn on the TV and watch Whacked out Sports.

Calvin: Why does the sky turn red as the sun sets?
Dad: That’s all the oxygen in the atmosphere catching fire.
Calvin: Where does the sun go when it sets?
Dad: The sun sets in the west. In Arizona actually, near Flagstaff. That’s why the rocks there are so red.
Calvin: Don’t the people get burned up?
Dad: No, the sun goes out as it sets. That’s why it’s dark at night.
Calvin: Doesn’t the sun crush the whole state as it lands?
Dad: Ha ha, of course not. Hold a quarter up. See, the sun’s just about the same size.
Calvin: I thought I read that the sun was really big.
Dad: You can’t believe everything you read, I’m afraid.

Calvin: How come old photographs are always black and white? Didn’t they have color film back then?
Dad: Sure they did. In fact, those old photographs are in color. It’s just that the world was black and white then. The world didn’t turn color until sometime in the 1930s, and it was pretty grainy color for a while, too.
Calvin: But then why are old paintings in color?! If the world was black and white, wouldn’t artists have painted it that way?
Dad: Not necessarily. A lot of great artists were insane.
Calvin: But… But how could they have painted in color anyway? Wouldn’t their paints have been shades of gray back then?
Dad: Of course, but they turned colors like everything else did in the ’30s.
Calvin: So why didn’t old black and white photos turn color too?
Dad: Because they were color pictures of black and white, remember?

Calvin: Dad, will you explain the theory of relativity to me? I don’t understand why time goes slower at great speed.
Dad: It’s because you keep changing time zones. See, if you fly to California, you gain three hours on a five-hour flight, right? So if you go at the speed of light, you gain more time, because it doesn’t take as long to get there. Of course, the theory of relativity only works if you’re going west.

Calvin: Why do my eyes shut when I sneeze?
Dad: If your lids weren’t closed, the force of the explosion would blow your eyeballs out and stretch the optic nerve, so your eyes would flop around and you’d have to point them with your hands to see anything.

Calvin: How do bank machines work?
Dad: Well, let’s say you want 25 dollars. You punch in the amount and behind the machine there’s a guy with a printing press who makes the money and sticks it out this slot.
Calvin: Sort of like the guy who lives up in our garage and opens the door?
Dad: Exactly.

Calvin: What causes the wind?
Dad: Trees sneezing.

Calvin: Why does ice float?
Dad: Because it’s cold. Ice wants to get warm, so it goes to the top of liquids to be nearer to the sun.
Calvin: Is that true?
Dad: Look it up and find out.
Calvin: I should just look up stuff in the first place.
There once was a cat.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:59 pm
Flux says...

I think that one about the conterfeit 16$ bills is hilarious!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red