z

Young Writers Society

A Laugh

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:25 am
Princess says...

.....Epic XD
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:25 pm
Linx says...

This is what I do when I'm bored.

Three-year old teacher needed for pre-school. Experience preferred.

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church.

It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.

The seven-year-old had been staring at th e plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex."

"Good morning," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque.

"What is this?" Alex asked.

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Little Alex's voice was trembling and barely audible when he asked, "Which service, the 9:45 or the 11:15?"
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 am
Princess says...

Hehe..This one is awesome

Must..not...laugh...
Attachments
funny-cat.jpg
funny-cat.jpg (115.66 KiB) Viewed 213 times
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:41 am
anti-pop says...

LOL!

I was getting ready for bed and I was all tucked in when I realized, "Hey! I'm not sleepy!"
So now I'm all snuggled in bed with my laptop proped up. I haven't checked up on this thread in three days and already there's tons more posts! xD

...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

143 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:46 am
anti-pop says...

Sorry, I have a few more. Then I'll be done for the night, I promise! xD

And my all-time favorite! *drumroll*

Ahh, this is so fun!
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

228 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:35 pm
Linx says...

143 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:43 am
anti-pop says...

Well, since we've got the Bush/Cheney jokes going already...

xD
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:59 pm
Evi says...

Oh my gosh. These are hilarious. I love the one with the keyboard.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:10 pm
LilyJamey says...

I've got some Rowan Atkinson videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGFz9gt0-Fc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4nPwztC-eU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwbB6B0cQs4

They're hilarious. Really.
And here's a joke I think I saw in the Reader's Digest:

Jack goes fishing but catches nothing. The man beside him, on the other hand, seems to be really lucky. So Jack asks the man, "Hey, how do you catch so many fish?"

The man mumbles something incoherent. Jack asks him again. This time, the man spits twice into a cup and replies, "You gotta keep the worms warm."
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:34 pm
Linx says...

It posted it three times?? :shock:

Boo.
Last edited by Linx on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

228 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:34 pm
Linx says...

228 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:35 pm
Linx says...

Dude.

Just close your eyes. Now...picture yourself in a large gym that is very noisy. It feels cold to everyone but not to you. You are surrounded by people, and you hear the pounding of balls on hard wood floors. You are wearing spandex and knee-pads. You're hair is pulled back away from your face, and you are ready to go.

Then, one of the girls on the other side of the gym hits the ball hard. You are looking at your mom who is yelling at you. You turn around and.....

You get hit in the face by a ball that was going about 60 mph.

(That happened to me today. Don't ask me if it's funny, it's just stupid.)
Last edited by Linx on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:28 am
WaterVyper says...

Er, Cat? You posted the same thing thrice.

I came across this exercise suggested for the over 30’s to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. The article suggested doing it three days a week.

1. Begin by standing on a comfortable, flat surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 2kg potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to hold for a full minute, then relax.

2. Each day, you’ll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 5kg potato bag. Then a 25kg potato bag and eventually try to get to where you can lift a 50kg potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute (I’m at this level).

3. Finally, when you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the bags.

We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a ‘large’ enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, ‘Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.’ I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, ‘NO, it’s not’ Four is larger than two.’ We haven’t used Sears repair since.

My daughter and I went through the McDonald’s take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, ‘You gave me too much money.’ I said, ‘Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a $1 back.’ She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said ‘We’re sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.’ The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change. Do not confuse the clerks at McD’s in Petawawa, Ont.

I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: ‘Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don’t think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.’ …….From Kingston , Ont.

My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for ‘minimal lettuce.’ He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce. ……From the City of Pembroke
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:02 pm
Demeter says...

Haha, the graffiti one is hilarious.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 3
Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:11 pm
Moody says...

"If piano players are called pianists then why aren't race car drivers called racists?"

“Dogs have Owners, Cats have Staff.”

xD They aren't that funny but their good for a slight giggle.

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead