z

Young Writers Society

In Memory of Shaun Dykes...

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:30 pm
mnesomeye says...

Here is the article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... death.html

Two hundred people watched this boy die. I don't care if it was only a small portion of the crowd that were shouting jeers at him; every single person who walked past was responsible. Why? Well - out of the two hundred watching, let's say... ooh, only ten people were shouting insults.

THAT LEAVES ONE HUNDRED AND NINTEY PEOPLE WHO STOOD BACK AND DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO STOP IT.

I have lost all faith in humanity. I really have. But you know what the sad truth is? Nobody - not one person reading this - would have done any different. We would have all stood there, too, and watched him fall.

He'd been dumped by his boyfriend, was struggling with his exams and was obviously traumatised about something else that had happened (which the media - thankfully - don't know about)... I just hope that now, wherever he is, he will find peace.

This story reminded me of something similar that happened in the bible. You know how people say that the whole crowd was yelling "Crucify him" or whatever it was in their latin/hebrew equivalent? Well... now, I sort of think it was just a couple of sick minded people who stood around chanting that.

The rest of 'em... I think they just watched some poor guy get tortured for no reason, too.
~ Mnes x

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:48 pm
Meep(: says...

Disgusting.
Simply...sickening.

This is a red alert of teenage immorality.
If I ever passed by any of the (insert adjective of an expletive) teenagers who egged the boy on, you'd be witnessing the first time I'd ever cuss.

What in the world were the adults doing?
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:57 pm
Linx says...

Oh my gosh.

Oh my gosh.

*covers duct tape over her mouth before she starts spitting out profanities at those idiotic teenagers*

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:56 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

How tragic and terribly sickening. How could those people just stand by there and let him do that? Even if they didn't know him, which most probably did. That's just wrong. And the part about taking pictures and jeering him on??? Like Meep said, I've never cussed, but I'd sure as heck have that first experience if I came across these kids. That's pathetic. They have that little of a value of life. That's just downright pathetic. I'm so angry right now.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:01 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Holy crap.
Those ten teens have absolutely no way to justify what they've done, in my opinion. They can't even blame it on peer pressure; you can't literally believe that practically persuading someone to commit suicide will help make you popular!
I cannot believe it. People are just as sadistic as they were in biblical times, except the demonstraters of this are getting younger and younger.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Reviews: 3
Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:00 pm
Moody says...

That is..unbelievable. What were they thinking? How could anyone encourage suicide? I really hope those people who jeered at him got counseling. They're either insane or extremely sadistic.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:45 am
Lil_Pau says...

O.O
My god! Who those teenagers think they are?!
Goodness, this is terrible.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:52 am
Sanareth says...

I'm physically shaking with anger. I feel let down by my country and by humanity. My opinion of the world is so dark right now it's scaring me. How did we come to this?
"...I am what I am, and what I am needs no excuses..."

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room."

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:58 pm
Thriving Fire says...

Christ... I'm shocked. It's this kind of thing that makes me ashamed to be human. I mean, we all hear about genocides and torture and hardship of that sort, which is awful of course, but something like this... Those teenagers are such a simple example of nastiness that it makes me want to be swallowed up and not part of a world like this.

R.I.P Shaun.
I have an idea about these voices I hear
They're audible to everyone
Everyone but me

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:37 am
View Likes
Octave says...

And keep in mind we teenagers are the future.

Twenty years from now the world is going to hell because those people are going to be the police who should be trying to coax the citizen down...

Sad, isn't it?

Tsk tsk.

Poor guy didn't deserve it no matter what. Suicidal + feeling even worse = dead body. >.<

I hope those teenagers who egged him on are wallowing in their guilt or at the very least, getting punished by the law. (if it's even possible)
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:02 pm
Gahks says...

Disgusting.

Absolutely disgusting. Our (Britain's, I am a Brit) society should be ashamed.

RIP Shaun. You didn't deserve this.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:58 pm
Eimear says...

Crowd baiting is an abomination.

Omission is even worse.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri May 01, 2009 9:48 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Oh. My. God. What is wrong with our world today?
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell