z

Young Writers Society

Let's all bash Rei

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:39 pm
Rei says...

You never know. Try reading Faeires by Brian Froud and Allan Lee. I never thought that much about it until I read it.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:40 pm
Sureal says...

Urgh... are you feeling okay?
I wrote the above just for you.

685 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:42 pm
Rei says...

I am now. That was why I posted this topic. And also to see how the paka who recommended I do this would respond.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:46 pm
Sureal says...

All's well that's ends well ;).
I wrote the above just for you.

685 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:12 pm
Rei says...

Not really, not as long as that paka's still around.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:20 pm
Snoink says...

Okay... I'll bash you!

You like... cats! You're a cat person! As we all know, cat people are always up to no good. (Then again, you also like dogs, which makes the point moot, but... let's not talk about that). And... you know... Japanese! Ha! Which, admittedly is kinda cool, but HA anyway. And... you like writing scripts! And plays! Which means...

You're good at dialogue?

Okay, okay, enough. This is getting lame.

Hehehe...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

685 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:26 pm
Rei says...

I'll have to go along with that. You call that bashing? Yeah, I'm up to no good, but is it really proper bashing if it's a fact that pleases me?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:58 pm
Snoink says...

I found it! At last!

Rei wrote:Hey, don't worry about Snoink. I wouldn't be surprized if he ends up very depressed one day because he is such a perfectionist.

*dies laughing*

Read the whole thing here:

http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~david/der ... ry9403.htm

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:41 pm
Fool says...

^^ that was funny

I'm not a writer. I'm a storyteller

Rei, whats the difference? You do fit in, i've read some of your work and i liked what i read. All writers are storytellers. Because writing is telling a story, same thing. I dont think you should leave because Brad said something and it hurt you.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

685 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:09 pm
Rei says...

Griffin's the one who used the word leave, not me. And there is a difference.

And how is it so many people seem to think I'm so great when I see a much larger number of comments on my work pointing out the problems rather than telling me what they liked about it?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:10 am
Griffinkeeper says...

You are great, some of your stories need work.

Our criticism is directed at your stories, not you.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:24 am
DarkerSarah says...

Rei, you seriously need some antidepressants. *shares some of my Lexapro with you* I like you a lot. I think you're smart and, to use Griffin's word, capable. Everyone gives EVERYONE critiques, good and bad. I prefer to give bad critiques because good critiques make you feel good, but they sure as hell don't improve your work. You're a good writer, and you shouldn't leave because people on this site like you. Brad must think highly of you if he used your quote in his signature.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:48 am
Incandescence says...

Rei--

We're not a support system, we're critics. You always 'threaten' to leave a site (both here and TYWC). Why don't you take a stand and finally do it? Otherwise, you're just wasting all of our time. And really, the fact that you haven't left already shows that you just want sympathy, not a solution.

As I've said, your supposed inferiority complex appears to be a manipulative device you use to get attention--not a real condition. If it were, you wouldn't be able to tell me, 'I know you attempted to praise me, but I still interpreted [your comment] negatively', and then demanded to know why I didn't care. Why should I? The 'problem', if it can be called that, is yours.

To the contrary, it appears quite a few problems have stemmed from my presence on this site, which leads me to question whether I should be here, or elsewhere.

The call is yours.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:17 am
Snoink says...

>.<

Incan, don't go. Sometimes, you can frustrate me, but I've never met anyone that doesn't frustrate me on some level or another. Most of the time, it's a blast. It's kind of nice having a resident genius online. ^_^

And just because I may not like your poetry... well... I don't like poetry in general. So it's not your fault!

685 Reviews

Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:13 pm
Rei says...

You were a little late for this. My crappy mood was long gone by the time you posted. But thanks for bringing it back. Oh and by the way, just because you realize that there was no hurt intended doesn't make it hurt any less.

Once again, I'm not the one who used the word "leave". Griffin was. Besides, I'm not likely to have time for this site anymore once I start school in a few weeks. And I'll getting too old to be here anyway.

And paka, we've already established that. No need to step on me anymore. You've won. I've always known I'm a manipulator, though I don't realize when I do it until after it's done. I like to hear good things, but have trouble recognizing them or accepting them as truths. As I said, this is more proof that I really am a fairy. Their nature is elusive, constantly changing. If you knew me in the real world, sometimes it would really look like I have an inferiority complex, and when I'm having bad days, all those negative thoughts feel true. And other times I'm the most arrogant, confidant person in the world.

And my coming back to TYWC had nothing to do with wanting sympathy. It I just couldn't help myself when we started arguements. I wanted to win an argument for once. Didn't really care who it was with. You just provided the most to work with. Although I may have done so in the Shakespeare debate since nobody said anything after me. At least I like to think I did. My coming back had more to do with my obsessive complusive habits than anything else.

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
— Aristotle