z

Young Writers Society

The great below...

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:53 am
Cassus Animus says...

So many people often wonder why they are single, I know why I'm single...I go after the same type of women, however these are really the only women that interest me. It would be an over-generalization to say "they will all be the same", whether or not that is proving to be true at this point in time. The problem I think lies in expectations, I am who I am and don't misrepresent myself in that context...but I think for the most part the women I do see expect me to meet some sort of unknown criteria that I cannot.

I've mathmatically figured it out, which in lies a three in a million chance of finding love...most argue that and say love is not something you can predict, I beg to differ. It is becoming increasingly easier to predict, typically I can see the onset of failure within the first few minutes (this of course figures into the equation, but not with the guideline of expectation which wasn't originally equated). Wherein lies a problem with mathmatically figuring it out is everyone is different, yet they all seem to be the same (again this goes back to me seeing the same type of women).

Could there be in fact some sort of improbable fluxuation that acts on this? I am me, perhaps over the phone they like the way it sounds...but in person suddenly it isn't as attractive? Assuming of course that physical attraction is %50 of the equation in the first place, which personally I can't be bothered with (seen a lot of very good looking narrow-minded people, and some awesome not so good looking people).

This isn't a rant, more of an observation. I'm very happy being single so it doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the "honest" who are not so honest. The very word may indeed keep me single as everytime I hear "I'm honest" I will immediately be brought back to the many of women I've seen that were also "honest".

"It takes one to ruin it for the many."

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:40 am
Clo says...

Maybe you're single because you're thinking about it too much.
How am I not myself?

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:44 am
Kylan says...

*snickers at Clo's comment*

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

402 Reviews

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:18 am
Clo says...

Okay, I'll expand. A mathematical formula? Once you're using math to figure out things with relationships, unless you have a career in that field, then you're entering "Turn Back" territory. It's just way too much thought toward something that's supposed to be based off compatibility and instinct. Expectations? No. Don't have them. Don't think about it, don't.

Things just happen sometimes. You meet people. Things happen. Don't analyze it.
Last edited by Clo on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
How am I not myself?

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:19 am
Alteran says...

The trouble with mixing rational thought with irrational behavior is that irrational behavior has an infinite number of variables for all aspects of the equation thus causing a mathematical solution to love to be somewhat impossible. At least that is how I see it.

Mainly because when you look at human intimate relationships we see more that just the love emotion we have the whole slew of human emotions and each one can cause an unknown and also cause introduction to other emotions. It's like trying to see the future. You would need to know the movement of every particle in the universe and then be able to predict that movement before you could predict the future.

Basically what I'm saying is don't worry about it. Human relationships are something that just happen and we know them when we see them.

Love...what a cliche that everyone wants.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

402 Reviews

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:23 am
Clo says...

The feeling of love is enjoyable if you happen to come across it though.
How am I not myself?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:47 am
Cassus Animus says...

I actually figured it out mathmatically for fun. It really doesn't bother me, like I said what bothers me is the "honest" that are not so much honest...but just say things to either lead you on, or what you want to hear. I know why I'm single, I go after the same types of women if I were to change it up I would have more success probably but I am not really interested in that as I am interested in the women I go after.

Could be I overthink it...too nihilistic to really care, and to apathetic to humanity to bother worrying much about it.

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100