Not sure
20%

Total votes : 20

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:35 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Want one? Got one? Getting one? Just think they're stupid? Opinions here!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:44 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I don't see anything wrong with them, it's my body so if I want to have ink permanently needled into me then I will. It's not like they're hard to cover up either, I can cover mine up with one of those bracelets you wear on your upper arm or just by wearing longish sleeves.

As long as they're not offencive to people like tattoing something that could cause racial hatred then why not get one? The only problem I see with tattoos is that they are permanent unless you have the money to remove them, if you look at it 10years later and think "Why?!" you're pretty much screwed.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:22 pm
sabradan says...

I like them, but they are against Jewish law, and some people say that you can't be buried as a Jew with one. I dunno, maybe I'll get one, maybe not.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:55 pm
Galatea says...

Love them! Right up there with piercings in my book, I can't wait to get my first one.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:49 pm
sabradan says...

Oh, I forgot to mention, one of my best freinds is going to an art college, and she is going to become a tatoo artist...she's really good. She's already got one of her drawings inked on her. Its a naked lady with tigers on both sides of her. Its really cool.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:04 pm
Incandescence says...

Tattoos have been transformed into a cultural icon, a kind of status symbol. Still, have you seen the 70-year old women with tattoos on their ankles and saggy skin? EWWWW.

Fact is, most people don't care what you do with your body, but that doesn't save you from dropping in others' eyes. For instance, when I had the gold loop in my left ear, it was something I wanted (Freud would counter this with influences from the Outside repressing the Ego, sure, but for simplification...) and something no one objected to, but that didn't stop me from losing credibility.

Ultimately, my honest opinion is: don't get them, if only because it keeps you from being low class/no class. But, of course, it's up to you, and I'm not going to tell you you can't. Just not that it's something I'd reccomend...
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:07 pm
Hope says...

I think they are pretty cool and I might get one. I don't know.
Hope

Embrace the total dork in yourself, and enjoy it, because well... Life is to short to be cool.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:38 pm
Muse says...

I'd quite like one. A reeealllly small one, somewhere hidden. I love art, and it's just like a piece of personal art that is always with you. That's why I like the idea of it being permanent.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:56 am
Snoink says...

Tattoos bring attention to other people's bodies. So... Do I want one?

NO! It's bad enough being stared at for being who I am, but to have another reason? *shivers*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:58 am
Incandescence says...

Yeah, what with being a balding forty year old and all...
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:59 am
Snoink says...

Exactly my point! LOL!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:27 am
Carmina says...

In discussing the issues of tatoos, I am always reminded of a girl I used to know. She got a tatoos of a sun around her belly button. It was quite cute and sexy when she was a size 5. Then...ooops...ten pregnancy. That sun got bigger, and bigger...I thought it was going to go nova! True story.

Another true story is person I am quite close to who got a rather large tatoo of a baby dragon on her back. Its a cute tatoo, but it is always half covered by clothing. You can't see the whole thing unless she's naked. Which might be the point. I don't really want the answer to that. The point is though, she has a very profession job and has to be really careful what she wears because it can't show. That is something to keep in mind. If you get one, make sure you get it in a smart place.

I don't have any. Don't think I will. I'm a gemini, so I'd probably change my mind a week later.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:20 am
Micah says...

Maoris have always had 'mokos', since back in N.Z. history, which are types of tattoos. I'm part maori BUT. I don't want one. Never.

It's like using your body for an advertisment sign. Uhg!
The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. No book in the world equals the Bible for that.
Harper Lee
My sites:
http://www.wyattmuseum.com/
http://www.cafechrist.com/

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:53 am
dreaming_mouse says...

Snoink wrote:Tattoos bring attention to other people's bodies. So... Do I want one?

NO! It's bad enough being stared at for being who I am, but to have another reason? *shivers*

I haven't seen anyone paying attention to my body and I have a tattoo

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:02 am
Matt Bellamy says...

I love being stared at :P

My parents won't let me get a tattoo :( Well, my mum won't, dad would probably say it's okay, because that's what usually happens.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber