8%
Never, I need it silent
6%

Total votes : 36

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

I actually listen to different music types when I write different genres because I have A.D.D and all the sound around me distracts me and it's easier for me to write a sad piece while listening to sad music.

I usually listen to the Lord of the Rings music because it has a variety of stuff packed in there. Celtic Women, Skillet, Flyleaf, Evanescence, AFI, and MCR are some of my favorites to pick from too. And whatever music my band happens to be playing.
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 am
Lil_Pau says...

I always listen to music when I turn on my laptop. It helps me to create a new story. And also, the choice of music depends on the genre.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:58 pm
Master_Yoda says...

I usually do listen to music when I'm writing. There are times when I don't because I need to concentrate intently on the scene, but under normal circumstances listening to music helps me relax, and I find I write best relaxed. I can't listen to really fast music when I'm writing though. I usually listen to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Foreigner, or other Classical Rock bands.
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

Reviews: 3
Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:39 pm
Moody says...

Sometimes I'll listen to music while I write but I mainly listen to it before I write to give me ideas. Usually music distracts me if I listen to it when I'm actually writing. Music can be great inspiration though.

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:19 am
Fireweed says...

I don't listen to music WHILE I'm writing, but for inspiration I like Regina Spektor, Death Cab for Cutie, The Decemberists, The Shins and lots of classical stuff.
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:26 am
View Likes
MeadowLark says...

I put I have to. I hate being without music. It goes next to reading and writing. I usually listen to country, classic rock, classical and New Age (Loreena Mckennit and Blackmore's Night). But it's mostly New Age and classical because they're quiet, not distracting and it helps me write. I don't know how, but music does. I know there is this one country song, which is about the death of someone, that helped me write the death of one of my characters. Music always helps me.
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet