z

Young Writers Society

Where do you read?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:15 pm
Jiggity says...

Sunshine! *hisses*

It's always really pretty to do so but, in my experience, seriously blinding - reflects off the pages and burns my eyes/face. Although in England, maybe the light is more...domesticated XD.

I usually read on the couch/bed or bus/train.

And sometimes, when I'm bored and can't afford to buy a book, I go to the library and read a book there, from start to finish. (I have a ridiculous fine on my card so I can't borrow)
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:22 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hmm, in the winter it's either on my bed (sitting or laying down) or on the couch. In the summer I move outside to the padded swing, or if I feel like it I'll go to the park and read there. But only if nobody's around.

But, lately, I've been reading on my computer chair, and not just YWS stuff.

If it's a good enough book and I just bought it I'll read on the bus or standing at the bus stop.

Basically, if I can find a stop where I will not be disturbed I will read.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:32 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Sunshine! *hisses*

It's always really pretty to do so but, in my experience, seriously blinding - reflects off the pages and burns my eyes/face. Although in England, maybe the light is more...domesticated XD.

Scotland :lol:
I wish. We don't even get sunshine. It's always raining :twisted: so I can't even go outside :twisted:

And sometimes, when I'm bored and can't afford to buy a book, I go to the library and read a book there, from start to finish. (I have a ridiculous fine on my card so I can't borrow

heheheh that reminds me, I have five books that were due back on the sixth of June xD
I get fined, huge amounts. Although I don't get banned from renting them :lol:

In the summer I move outside to the padded swing, or if I feel like it I'll go to the park and read there. But only if nobody's around.

*cough* very jealous *cough* It never stops raining here, moreover my garden is tiny and I supposedly live in the *posh* part of town, I'd hate to see the notsoposh (new word there :D) gardens :lol:
heheheh
you people rock xD
for what are we without words and stories?

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:39 pm
JFW1415 says...

I hate reading outside. Too many bugs. :evil: But I love reading to sunlight. Winter depresses me. :(

~JFW1415

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:21 pm
Demeter says...

Usually in the couch or in my bed before I go to sleep.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:00 pm
LilyJamey says...

Gotta agree with Gryphon and Suzu and Dem. I love reading before sleeping. But by the time I'm done I'll be too afraid to turn off the light. Intense nyctophobia.

When my mom checks on me, I say I'm reading myself to sleep. Whereas actually, I'm sleeping myself to read (which doesn't make much sense, but whatever).

I also like fetal positioning myself on the very comfortable couch. And I love reading outside when it's windy. I have a distinct dislike of sunlight (yet survived 2 months of marching drills! and liked it!). Unfortunately here we're usually plagued by mosquitoes.

Edit: I love reading in between classes. Rarely under the desk, though. I'm Miss Goody-Two-Shoes. :lol: Prefect and all. :smt093
Got YWS?

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:18 pm
peanut19 says...

I read before bed,too. I also like to read during Language Arts class, because we never learn anything and even though I'm in advanced I know most of the stuff. Plus our L.A teacher is blind ( not really but sometimes it hard to believe she's not). I also read in my living room.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:19 pm
WaterVyper says...

I'm jealous of you, Castles. Lost_in_dreamland. You got to see Inkheart. Not fair! Back on topic, I like to read in my bedroom, maybe around midnight. I sneak maybe one or two hours before going back to sleep. It's nice and cold in there, plus dim light. My kind of place.

Otherwise, I can read in the classroom. It's equally freezing there and I like it.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:42 pm
sudz_amigo says...

I read before going to bed. It's like compulsory for me. I don't fall asleep if don't read at-least a single line before sleeping! :|
And even during the day when I have a book in hand, I just go lie down on my bed and read either in the cold during winter (Because I live on the uppermost floor of a building) or in the extreme heat (Ugh.. Indian summers!)

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:54 pm
Lauren says...

Definitely my room. On my own. I cannot read around other people because reading is a solitary thing and I have to feel like I am part of it, if that makes any sense. When people are around me I have a heightened sense of their numerous fidgets and coughs and, worse of all, heavy breathing.
Preferably I read late at night or early in the morning, as then it is quiet. But really I could read all day long of the book was enthralling enough.

Reading outside is a no-no. I think it must be the birds, damn them :evil:

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:15 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

In the mall a lot outside dressing rooms sitting on that always convenient chair they have outside of them. Yeah, I'm not much of a shopper.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana