z

Young Writers Society

Where do you read?

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:27 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Ok; where do you read? Can you read anywhere? Do you have a specific area? Personally; I have an abnormal longing to go into the attic and read there. It's kind of dark :lol:
Where do you read?
Also; I really, really love the library in the movie inkheart. I want the window seat in that, moreover, I want the whole library.
Your turn.
for what are we without words and stories?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:38 pm
Suzuhara says...

I like to read in my room between 1:00-3:00 am in the morning when everyone is asleep in the house. Seriously, it's the best time for me to read or else people will distract me and it annoys me. I can get very moody while reading because I'm engrossed in the novel. If someone approaches me to ask about something, I literally bite his or her hand. No, I really do. That's why I read way after midnight to prevent such things from occurring ever again. ^_^
With tears in my eyes and blood in my hands, I pull through and conquer my fears. ~Zackaria Kato

Please check out my blog: sammysuzuhara.blogspot.com

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:53 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I generally read laying on my side in my bed, holding the book up with one hand on its side so I can read it while horizontal. Or I just slump on my bed, with my knees drawn up and my back resting on pillow and wall.

I have found lately that I have a hard time reading if I'm not in either one of these positions. Though reading on the computer seems to be the the exception to this rule, I don't really like reading on the computer for the simple reason that I can feel it burning my brain cells out one by one.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:32 pm
Ducati says...

I like to read:
In bed
In the bathroom
On my sofa over breakfast
In a nice bubble bath
At work when it's slow
On the bus
In the kitchen while I wait for things to cook

I really like reading! :oops:
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:03 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Mostly in my living room recliner or the car.

Sometimes, I'll go out on the back porch, if it's warm.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:25 pm
alwaysawriter says...

As long as it's comfortable and I'm by myself, it doesn't matter to me. Generally, that means my bed and the couch. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm
niteowl says...

At home, I read on the bed or the couch in the living room. At school, I read on the futon or my desk, but I don't really read much there anyway. I also used to like reading in the library, but I don't do that as much anymore.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:14 am
200397 says...

Hmm. On my bed (fetal position). Curled up in the LAY-Z-BOY in our living room, pillow in my lap. Kitchen table while everyone is arguing over something ridiculous. At school when the teachers are being idiots and not teaching us anything at all. :lol:

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:18 am
Mars says...

I read in trig class.
All those sines and cosines just...I don't know. :D
And, also, in the summer, in the tree in my backyard.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:23 am
Bleeding Rose says...

I read wherever I feel like reading.
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:39 am
mercy says...

I love to read and can read anywhere actually, doesn't matter where. But most of the time I find myself reading in the bathroom, over a meal, in the bus, in the library, on the floor of a B&N, wherever, really.

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:55 am
October Girl says...

I read when I have time having twoo kids isn't easy lol
but I read where ever
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:20 pm
JFW1415 says...

GryphonFledgling wrote:I generally read laying on my side in my bed, holding the book up with one hand on its side so I can read it while horizontal. Or I just slump on my bed, with my knees drawn up and my back resting on pillow and wall.

I have found lately that I have a hard time reading if I'm not in either one of these positions. Though reading on the computer seems to be the the exception to this rule, I don't really like reading on the computer for the simple reason that I can feel it burning my brain cells out one by one.

Ditto!

I'm actually typically uncomfortable when I read. In chairs and such? Ew - not fun. But I'll do it. =/

~JFW1415

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:54 pm
Firestarter says...

My favourite places are outside in the sunshine and curled up next to a roaring fire. But usually I just read in bed.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:12 pm
Blink says...

Firestarter wrote:My favourite places are outside in the sunshine and curled up next to a roaring fire. But usually I just read in bed.

100% snap.

Except if it gets too hot in the sun; then, I can't concentrate and end up walking inside, suitably niffed-off.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop