z

Young Writers Society

There are no men on Young Writers Society!

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:59 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

I know the title of this thread isn't literal, as there are a handful of males here on YWS, but it's just so annoying! Anything and everything on this website is overpowered by girls. Being a girl myself, I tend to get tired of conversing with my own kind (I'm making it sound like we're from a different planet). I don't know who the men of YWS are anymore. I know a couple:

Let's see - there's Squall and Galerius, and wismann and Nate. I believe Incandescence is a boy, as is... Samuel Garrison. Conrad Rice, too. That's seven so far, out of so many members it's ridiculous. It's no fair! This isn't any fun! Somebody get more boys to join!

;)
Got YWS?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:08 am
alwaysawriter says...

I know tons on here but I think Mesh said at one point (months ago) that it's not so much there's more girls (although there probably is), it's just that the girls post more often. I know there's some sort of reason for that but I can't think of it at the moment. :wink:

Guys, you should post more. ^^

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:11 am
Layleun says...

Sock darlin', Sammy there's a girl ^.~

~Loops

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:14 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Well, the majority age group here is teenagers, an most teenage boys are not that interested in the literary arts. At least not the ones I know.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:17 am
Squall says...

Let's see - there's Squall and Galerius, and wismann and Nate. I believe Incandescence is a boy, as is... Samuel Garrison. Conrad Rice, too. That's seven so far, out of so many members it's ridiculous. It's no fair! This isn't any fun! Somebody get more boys to join!

Samuel Garrison's female :lol: And you forgot about Sureal, Buscador!, Altern and Blink etc. But yeah, we need more manly men on YWS (I feel like such a girl for being interested in the arts).

Edit: Alteran. There you go mister :D
Last edited by Squall on Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:19 am
LowKey says...

Lord Anzius
Derek
Buscador!
Stori
Jiggity
Insomnia
Mattster
Prokaryote
Katharsis
Alteran
Sureal
Blink
Aedomir

And scores of others that I'm forgetting, I'm sure.
Last edited by LowKey on Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

183 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:24 am

Woah, Samuel is? And I always thought Jiggity was a girl.
Still! Although people have named like, ten more,
it's still out of over 400 people!
AH! =]
Thanks for the time to list them, though girlies. And Andy.
Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:29 am
Nate says...

Here are the stats:

2,138 male members
5,039 female members
973 declined to state gender

As of this post, there are 8,149 members. Subtracting the 973 number from that gives you 7,176 members. This means that about 29.7% of all members are male; a number that has remained stable throughout YWS' history.

But while guys make up a minority on the site, they make up for it somewhat activity wise.

136,410 posts by guys
311,921 posts by girls

That gives you a total of 448,331 posts, and about 30.4% of that was written by guys. This number has been falling recently (it used to be as high as 35%).

On average, guys write 64 posts. Girls write 62 posts. A difference of two posts may not sound like much, but it means that guys are 3.2% more active than girls.

Anyhow, I don't think guys are any less inclined to write stories than girls. However, guys, for one reason or another, are less apt to let anyone besides close friends read what they write.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:33 am
Angel of Death says...

Jiggity
Kylan
BigBadBear
Conrad Rice
Alteran (Adam Atlantian)
Firestarter
Firestalker
Charlie II
Lord Anzius
kris
Nate
Incan
Squall
Prokaroyte (not sure if I spelled that right)
Buscador
Aet Lindling
Stori (Kyte)
JosephDean
Billy
Icaruss
Galerius
aloe
krupp
flemzo
Cobra
lordgluzman
Derek
Blink
Insomnia
foxfire
idle muse
Chirantha
Nolan
darko.demark666
adriangarcia
piepiemann22
Runelord
andrew.j.m

So yes, there's a quite a few and (more) but they are here. Sorry if I missed some (or a lot)

Ta,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:34 am
Alteran says...

Andy! you spelled my name wrong. *pouts* I'm not a manly anything. But I'm still pretty to look at. :D
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

695 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:35 am
Angel of Death says...

LoveableLittleSock wrote: And I always thought Jiggity was a girl.

*hits with cactus*
how to manifest it.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:43 am
Clo says...

This thread is a tad insulting for some people :P . Samuel, I knew you were a girl! And Jiggity, you are obviously a boy! No worries! ^_^
How am I not myself?

183 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:52 am

*hangs head in shame before being hit with cactus*

And of course, Nate has to get all scientifical (not a word). I was just wishing that I saw more boys when I myself was browsing the forums or chatting away. It's like, I see a story that should have totally been written by a boy - male point of view, totally inside the guys mind - and I'm like, "Dude! This guy is a babe! Writer-wise!" And of course, I'm crushed because it was written by a girl. *sniff* So sad. And I'm sorry Jiggity! Your peppiness and sheer awesomness threw me off!

*gives Nate a half-glare*

I feel hated.
Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

695 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:11 am
Angel of Death says...

LoveableLittleSock wrote:. It's like, I see a story that should have totally been written by a boy - male point of view, totally inside the guys mind - and I'm like, "Dude! This guy is a babe! Writer-wise!" And of course, I'm crushed because it was written by a girl.

Yes, I know how you feel. I think that a guy who knows his way around words is hot no matter what he looks like, and there were many times when I swooned over a story only to find out it was a girl. But there are some amazing boy writers who make your mind fall head over heels (Kylan, Jiggity, BigBadBear, Conrad Rice, and Adam for writing Heat ...just to name a few) You just have to know how to find 'em.

And I forgive you for mistaking Jiggy for a girl and I'm sorry for hitting you with the cactus.

Ta,

~Angel

P.S. Nate is some type of genius. He should win an award for those beautiful statistics.
how to manifest it.

uwu
— soundofmind