z

Young Writers Society

There are no men on Young Writers Society!

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:47 am
backgroundbob says...

I'm male.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:38 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

I think that on this site, pretty much nobody is of stereotypical mould.

THANK YOU Lily for saying this! Enough said everybody. Case closed. Now someone chuck this thread..I find it very heart braking for saying that all girls like Twilight and romance and pink and unicorns. Because I hate all of them. And I'm a female...geez people be nice to the odd balls.
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:38 pm
Bloo says...

yeah you are right i have noticed that
but hey I'm a guy so lets add me to the ratio

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:20 am
Meep(: says...

thefireinmeisJC wrote:all girls like Twilight and romance and pink and unicorns.

So that must make me a guy then ._.
*checks*

Anyway, someone lock up this thread and throw the key away already!
*Prods the Mods*
...Hey, that rhymes :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:36 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

Firestarter wrote:
Has anybody noticed that many of the boys have like, 200 posts and 12 reviews?
I find that amazing!
How can that be possible for any kind of human being?
Come on now!

Another generalisation. Fail.

I said "many!" Not "all!" Don't say I fail =[
Melkor, I don't even understand half of what you said.
And why oh why is this so long? I was just sad that I never see many boys. I like boys =]
*is hated on*
Go away! All of you! Leave this thread be! It has gotten too powerful.
Got YWS?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:05 am
~Excalibur~ says...

I'm a boy, but because of my nature I really tend to steer clear of the 'fanfiction section' as it just makes me rage. Sometimes I will start reading work on here and simply drop my head, sigh and click the back button. Why? Well in boy logic you get this inevitable sense that nothing you say will make a person correct such key flaws that you are simply wasting your time trying to review.

Not to say that applies to any specific work or any specific author, but I've stopped myself a good number of times because I feel an impending arguement were to happen should I try to correct certain mistakes. A nitpicky topic for me is names. The moment I see english/french or whatever names put with asian (specifically Japanese) names I usually exit the thread unless I see promise from the writer.

Boys have a pretty large gap in logic at times, we often cannot see the obvious or other side of the matter. It isn't about ego, smarts or anything in particular which causes disinterest in work, but rather our self-created depression when contributions go unnoticed. Boys are generally vocal about their wants, but put them in a room full of girls with a cheery mentality and a blindness to errors and the boys tend to shut up rather quickly. :lol:

*Sniffle* I wish girls weren't so quick to judge people/works/things.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:33 am
Nutty says...

I don't like unicorns and twilight. ><;
Though I can see what some people are saying, there is a 'feminine' and 'masculine' side of writing.
Before you all tear my head off, let me explain.
David Gemmel has what I think of as masculine writing. His characters tend to have more logical solutions, spend less time on more complicated emotion- No, I'm not saying they don't feel emotion, some of them feel strong, deep emotion. Of course some of them are cold, but that's the character. He tends to describe only what is needed.
Robin Hobb has a more what I call 'feminine' style of writing, a lot of her stories have a strong sub-plot based around relationships around characters, her characters are usually more confused about how they feel, and she spends a lot more time on thoughts and emotions then David.
I enjoy both of these writing styles immensely. My favourite character ever comes from one of Hobb's books, and I adore the classic almost villainous heroes of Gemmel.
Nor do I think the style is ruled by gender. I've been told I have a more masculine style of writing, and I know I'm a girl. And I've read stories by guys who go into as much depth of emotion and thought as Hobb. It's more just what I've named two styles of writing.

...please don't hurt me.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:01 pm
Stori says...

Peace, people. Gai'shan Manetherin! (Tell me what that means!)

It's nothing to worry about... as long as you're not a eunach. ><

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:50 pm
Mercury616 says...

hmmm

....pretty sure I'm a boy... in fact I'm certain of it. The parts are present and functional, so yeah. :lol:

Yes, smart boys are sexy... but ladies (or some dudes, which I'm totally cool about) I'm blessed to have a gorgeous, intelligent, hilarious girlfriend. Maybe some of you know her. :wink:

Pengy did you recruit me solely due to the deficiency of testosterone in this place? Or were you in need of another word worshiper for your penguin mob? :smt002

I'm off to read Twilight. Just because. And later I will lie in bed listening to Tori Amos, cuddling Mr. Pretties the stuffed pink unicorn while weeping because sis won't let me borrow her makeup or wear the sweet new skinny jeans that make this butt look oh so fine.

Er I mean I will go tear around in a Hummer (he he I said 'hummer') yelling at rugrats and shooting at people's pets with this super-awesome bb gun whilst guzzling a massive bottle of Jack. Without a chaser. Then I will visit the local brothel- where they pay me. 8)

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec