z

Young Writers Society

The Ultra-Post-A-Thon '09!!!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:40 pm
moon jumper says...

Okay guys, I think I've gone unofficially insane! For 2009, I'm going to TRY to post 2,009 reviews in honor of the new year! Think I'm crazy - just wait!

I don't have enough time in the week to go on the computer, so that means through Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I have to post 42 reviews. Oh, for all things holy!

Now I'm challenging you to do it with me. If you can get on the computer daily, all you need to do is 6 reviews a day. Pretty easy. It's almost like those 100 posts in 10 days thing. Just that this one's all year and if you are only in the yellow starts you'll surpass the five red star count in October or November. Pretty freakin' AWESOME!

(Nate, you might want to make another rank or so of stars! Green and Purple are cool...*HINT*)

Rules:
1) You must start on January 1, 2009
2) The posts must be the 50 points kind, not "This is great! Keep writing!" junk.
3) This isn't much of a rule, but try to go to different writing forums. You never know when you might find something different you like.

Pros:
1) TONS of points
2) Ridiculous star gain
3) Lot of new stuff to read
4) Never bored because those reviews you're putting off are starting to pile up

Cons:
1) If you don't do this, you're not insane! And if you're not insane, what fun is that?

Are you up to it?
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:48 pm
Snoink says...

*Moved to The Lounge*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:26 pm
Face Engine says...

I accept your challenge!

I've always wanted to say that.
I refuse to acknowledge the existence of this signature.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:43 pm
LowKey says...

:twisted:

Awesome. 100 reviews between now and Jan 1st, and 2,009 reviews between Jan 1st and Dec 31st. I shall do my best. *salutes*

Great idea. :D
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:46 pm
Suzuhara says...

Wow, that is crazy. Maybe I'll try it. hehehe.
With tears in my eyes and blood in my hands, I pull through and conquer my fears. ~Zackaria Kato

Please check out my blog: sammysuzuhara.blogspot.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:44 am
thunder_dude7 says...

6 per day?

I hardly have any now, so i might as well try.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:46 am
JabberHut says...

Well, buh-bye writing and hello reviewing! =D

I'm not gonna go far, I promise. xD
I make my own policies.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:51 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Oh, darn! I forgot! Between script frenzy, NaNoWriMo, writing songs for my musical, finishing Betrayed and Plagued, and editing all of the above, I won't have much time at all.

Maybe When I finish all that, I'll boost my reviews myself.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:58 am
lilymoore says...

Uh, because I'm a genetic slacker, I'm gonna downsize I think. I'm maybe thinking 1000ish reviews in '09. or 500. or 250...oh you know where I'm going. Ha, nah, but I am going to try for 1000. I work for a living. I don't have the time. But its still a great idea. Props to everyone shooting for the stars. :D
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:33 am
niccy_v says...

lilymoore, you're 15!
Haha!

I accept that challenge. As far as i shall get, I don't know.

Jeebus!
Writing gives my life purpose

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:40 am
Snoink says...

XD

It sounds fun! But it's likely that it won't be possible, knowing that I'm taking organic chemistry and fluid mechanics at the same time. But... well... it sounds fun. XD

We'll see. :) But I'm afraid that ridiculous star earnings won't be possible for me, unless you add three sets of stars instead of just two. O_o
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:27 pm
Demeter says...

Snoink, better watch out. These kids are taking over your position as The Reviewer...
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:35 am
GryphonFledgling says...

You know, it sounds crazy enough that I want to try it. Count me in, though I may sorely regret this later.

*sigh* Yeah, I probably am really going to regret this later, but I am feeling strangely psyched as I accept this challenge.

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:45 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

I want to try! I'm sort of slacking as an instructor. And I'd like to get some blue or red stars =]
Got YWS?

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:07 am
Aet Lindling says...

I'll do the 6-reviews-a-day thing for at least a month, I guess. At least one 30-day chunk of time. At some point in 2009.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451