z

Young Writers Society

Your favourite websites

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:21 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Ok; I'm bored :lol: list your favourite websites, they can be anything, writing websites, but obviously YWS is the best so you won't win with one of them ;) art websites, apart from deviantart, anything you want.

What you do
List the websites that you visit most regularly/ like the most
Tell us why they're good so that others can use them

Then what?
The user who posts the best website gets a 100 point donation from me :D

-Kirsten xxx
I'll start:-

YWS !!! :D
Deviantart

YWS - self explanatory :lol:
Deviantart - for people who are actually artistic it rocks ;)
for what are we without words and stories?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:42 am
View Likes
LilyJamey says...

Wikipedia - the free encyclopedia. Yep.
Wiktionary - a wiki-based, open content dictionary.
I guess I'll say Google.

Don't kill me for naming the obvious.
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:13 pm
lukas8u says...

Linerider

Make a line, boy go down with sleigh.
Simple, but addictive.

[url]linerider.com[/url]
Political blog, (with a liberal lean)
Here

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:44 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

Sword Forum International
http://www.swordforum.com

I'm a collector of swords or any edged weapons. A great and vast site for anything related to military. It's focus is not just for the collector but re-enactors, history enthusiasts, culture, etc. It has so much to offer. You'd be a fool to honestly not pay a visit.

29th Reg't
http://www.29thregt.org

OK, to be clear, I'm not "selling" the regiment for those who know me. The question was what were our favorite sites we visited and well, in the summer, I check my regiment's website frequently to keep track of the dates of when events occur.

However, if you're a lover of the American Revolution... *wink* 8)

24th Reg't
http://www.24thfoot.org

A very good friend of mine who've I known for about three years is a member of the 24th. Dave has helped me by leaps and bounds in "prepping" and answering my questions going into the re-enacting world. It was he that originally wanted for me to join his regiment but alas I could not by their regulations. So, I particpate quite a bit as a member of their online Group. The 24th and 29th are often at events together.

Again, if you're as fond as I am about the 18th Century and wish to learn more about the war-time aspect, check the 24th Foot out as well.

Facebook

Need I say more?

Hotmail.com

I'm an e-mail junkie.

Chess Corner
http://www.chesscorner.com

I've recently returned to war! Yes, Chess is war. I haven't played in twelve years and it has sorely showed. I've lost every game, which has been roughly nine so far. :P Still, I love the game, win or lose.

If you wish to send me a challenge to a game, my handle is: fishr

It would be cool too, for fun, if you happen to challenge me to a new game if you could tell me you're from YWS and what your username is on here. Why not, right?

There's probably more, but that'll start things off nicely. Cheers!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:15 am
Manny says...

Seventh Sanctum

Great for getting character names, prompts, or anything else you'd need for writing. Also fun to waste time on.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:47 pm
tinny says...

I like to waste my life on Subeta.ws/.net, it's sort of a pet-site come doll maker. I guess that sounds pretty bad, but I think it's pretty fun. If anyone does join, let me know and I'll send you a couple of cute wearables ;)
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Suzuhara says...

why: If it wasn't for this writing forum, my writing would have still been in the dumps. Not only did the website provide tons of information about writing, publishing, getting agents, etc; the people reviewing my work in the forum taught me a lot about writing well and making my text more powerful and so on. I'm so happy that I found it due to a book on getting agents that I was reading. I even subscribed to the magazine, which I love. Anyway, I go to the website everyday. I also just reached 1000 posts there! Plus, it was a WD forum member who referred me to YWS, which is great too. :)
With tears in my eyes and blood in my hands, I pull through and conquer my fears. ~Zackaria Kato

Please check out my blog: sammysuzuhara.blogspot.com

"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green