z

Young Writers Society

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:03 pm
Nate says...

Let us know what you're doing for Christmas, Hanukkah, and/or the Holidays :smt114

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:11 pm
niccy_v says...

Oh let's see.

20 days stuck working. So i have had 3 full days (today + yesterday being 2) off this month! Hoorah and I am supposed to be casual. *Checks* Yes. Who defined casual? I think I need to complain to my managers.

When i have not been working I have been on here, writing, and chilling with friends (developing a NASTY sun burn too! Damn sun!)

And for the next month + 12 days I am looking forward to chilling on the beach, not working, and SALES! The city is open Boxing Day *dances* and so along with my fam I am taking the recently improved train system into the city, shopping until my credit card crumbles, and then going to do it all over again on the 27th at the local 'mall'. OOOoh Myer here I come!

And that's it. Social life = 0 because I'm either making money or spending it. Friends don't fit in anywhere! Heh. Heh
Last edited by niccy_v on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Writing gives my life purpose

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:12 pm
Ducati says...

Right now it's very very early Christmas Eve morning. No, I'm not up early because I'm excited about Christmas Eve...Just wanted to mention some of us are a bit closer to Christmas than others. Anyway, I'm just glad to have a quiet Christmas with my parents, my paternal grandparents and my half borther and sister coming over for Christmas lunch, then afterwards going to go play cricket at a family friend's house. But it might be too hot for that this year.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, or Happy Holiday, or nice day off work!

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:17 pm
niccy_v says...

Ah the same here Ducati. But I stroll to the bus stop and bus it to the beach (if fam bore me that much) with friends, we play cricket/volley there, or swim, or bbq!

Good bbq weather, definitely. Hope nobody starts setting fires though. I've had some nasty fires over where I live.

And AHHH it's 2:18am Christmas Eve! less than twenty four hours... wooo
Writing gives my life purpose

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:31 pm
Meshugenah says...

Ha, so, all we've discovered this year is that my family absolutely stinks at even pretending to be religious. We've managed to forget to light candles two nights in a row, and this after my aunt's huge Chanukkah party three nights ago. Though, I think my favorite part is how we're doing "Christmas" at my Jewish grandparent's house. Yep. Only my dad's technically christian of any sort, since my uncle is going to be with his family this year, so this is even better! Not that he's really been religious since before I was born. But really, it doesn't even feel like it's the holidays this year. No tree, haven't even pulled out a menorah yet! It's just really weird.

So yeah, this year I utterly fail at this whole holiday thing :P Heck, not even a gift exchange with my friends! Though that may be more because we're all so flung apart now, and no one at uni really does that -- poor college student ftw! -- so instead I will become good friends with my borders gift cards.

(did I mention that it's cold, but not snow cold? But cold enough to want to wear warm winter clothes, but not quite cold enough to warrant them? Oh, CA winter!)

But yes, Nate! What are you doing?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:33 pm
Blink says...

Not much going on for me. Just staying at home and such, watching Christmas specials of various things, and, well, enjoying stuff. it's definitely too warm for Christmas, though. It's at least 10 degrees...

Oh well.

Merry Christmas!
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:39 pm
Nate says...

Heh, I'm not doing much. Midnight mass will be the highlight of Christmas for me; it's my favorite mass of the year. Plus, everyone in my family is 20+ now, so Christmas day isn't terribly special. It will be my nephew's (1 year old) first Christmas, so that will be cool. After Christmas day, I may go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina, but I may not.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:46 pm
JabberHut says...

We usually go visit family up north for Christmas, but this year, we're chilling at home. 8) We've visited enough family this year that we're taking a break and staying home in Misery for the holidays. =D I'm excited.

This year since we're home, we're just going to church Eve and Day, opening the presents.. and chilling at home! Probably going to play some family Warcraft or such. I'm gonna try and escape to YWS since I have some stuff to do here anyway. Supposedly my mom has "plans" for us too so we won't be on the computer 24 hours a day every day 'til the 6th (first day back to school). She won't spill beans, but I'm alright. I like surprises. ^_^ When they're good, anyway. xD

My goal for the holidays this year: Stay as relaxed as possible. Senior year is out to get me, I swear. I'm gonna try and stay low for these couple weeks. Rejuvenate myself for next semester. XD
I make my own policies.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:57 pm
Firestarter says...

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm spending Christmas at home with the family, but like Nate, everybody is over 20 now so it's less exciting than in the past. We're also not doing the best for money, so presents are somewhat limited. I'm looking forward to all the food though! A big lunch and lots of goodies. It's also odd for my family to be in one place these days so that's nice at least.

I'm looking forward to getting the BSG Season 4 box set and watching that to be honest.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:04 pm
Princess says...

Merry Christmas everybody!

My family was supposed to go to a huge Christmas party, but it seems like we wont be able due to the two feet of snow outside :cry:
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:43 pm
Tatra says...

Happy holidays!!

I'm on the East coast of USA, so I still got a bit to go before Christmas Eve. Right now my mom is grumpily making cookies cause I think we're driving her crazy by staying up all night... Anyway, my nephew just got done a few minutes ago covering me with blankets and pillows to 'hide for Santa.' He's 3 years old at this point, so most of this is all for him. It's going to be fun to see him during Christmas again.

Tomorrow we won't do anything real special. We'll probably go to the candlelight service at church, and I plan to print out the Latin words to a few songs and sing them before it starts. My dad will probably be singing in the choir, so we'll have a bit of time. And then we get home, maybe help set out presents, and go to bed. Then in the morning we'll open up our presents and it'll be good.

I can't wait! :D Also, I have no idea how cold it is outside, because it's so cold I don't want to go out. Cold enough to make downstairs chilly, that's all I know. Winter is here, though.

:smt059 :smt114
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:30 pm
Layleun says...

Happily Holidays to everyone! I know I can't wait for mine.

Tomorrow I have to go to mass at threeish to see the little kids in a pagents and then go home, go to bed and wake up in the morning. We'll open presents and go straight to my aunts, still in our pajamas, and stay all day and most of the night partying. Friday will consist of me getting to see all my college friends who've come home and Saturday I get to see my friend who sorta left to go to Tennessee on bad conditions with all his friends so I get to see him again and hopefully not for the last time ^.^

*headsplode*

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:32 pm
Nate says...

Princess wrote:Merry Christmas everybody!

My family was supposed to go to a huge Christmas party, but it seems like we wont be able due to the two feet of snow outside :cry:

What!? You're upset you have two feet of snow!!!! I would cut off my right foot for two feet of snow :(

Haha, just joking and I know exactly what you mean.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:38 pm
Cade says...

I would tell you what I'm doing for the holidays, but unfortunately I'm buried under all the snow.

We just basically got a ton of snow dumped on us over the last few days. Like, just when you think the sky has nothing left, it starts snowing again.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:06 am
alwaysawriter says...

Ha, Nate, you'll be a few hours away from me then!

I think we're staying home to open presents then actually leaving the house to go watch a movie at a theater. It used to be a family tradition but we stopped it a few years ago and now they feel like continuing it for some reason.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor