324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:40 pm
-KayJuran- says...

ok so i love languages & travelling so i want
2 b a translator. im doing french and german
A Level and japanese gcse at the moment &
wud love 2 learn more after...
when i found the YFW site i wuz in germany...

anyway part from that i want 2 get my poems
& poss stories published! :D

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:48 pm
velvetnight1313 says...

1.Pediatrician
2. Published Writer
3. When I'm a lot older I want to become a missionary
"She walks in Beauty, like the night,Of cloudless limes and starry skies;And all that's best of dark and bright, Meet in her aspect and her eyes:Thus mellowed to that tender light, Which Heaven to gaudy day denies." -George Gordon Lord Byron

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:58 pm
Lauren says...

Other than published novelist, a historian. I'd love to manage a museum (geeky I know) or perhaps make discoveries (although that would involve archeology). If not, I wouldn't mind being a publisher, but then that's not a great 'dream' of mine.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:26 pm
Blink says...

Rich novelist in the countryside. I mean, wow. No alarm, great scenery, wealthy and such. I want to be the best of any career I do. And that's either an entrepreneur or a novelist or both. :)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:27 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

You know how some people help others with low self-esteem?

I'd want to be that, except I'd help people with HIGH self-esteem. The humbleness doctor.

"Oh my GOODNESS. I help people with behavioral problems, not mental issues! You couldn't match your clothes better than THAT?!?!? Are you colorblind? Look at yourself, you're an IDIOT!"

*insert five more hours of that here*

Person: Uh...

Me: OK, that's all. At your rate of $150 and hour, that would be $750.

I'd LOVE that job.

On a more serious note, I'd love to be an actor. Lines intimidate me, though. I HATE memorization. I'm working on that, though.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:28 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

I have ideas, but these are tops.

1. Recording artist.
2. Travel guide/writer.
3. Graphic designer.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:47 pm
Galerius says...

Nate wrote: working for a venture capital firm, working for the park police, working for a firm on Wall Street

:D :D :D

Good luck with that.

Although, to your defence, this thread is very old.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:17 pm
Demeter says...

I would love to be a translator, an author, a journalist, and an actress at the same time. That's pretty unlikely to happen, but that's my dream.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:41 pm
StellaThomas says...

Let's rejuvenate a five-year-old thread!

I'm headed to be a doctor, everybody reckons. Which I'd love to be. I don't know what speciality, and surgery looks intriguing, but I think I'd be a physician. I really want to be a doctor, though I know it would be a lot of hard work.

I'd love to have the ultra-glamourous life... my friend dreams of being a columnist in Vanity Fair, and I reckon that would be amazing... you'd go to all the parties, meet all the people and yet be away from the public eye. Otherwise, of course, an author. A relatively popular one. Not JK Rowling - well, maybe (;)) but I'd be happy with anything...

I had this sudden urge to think about if my friends and I were all living the high life where would we all be... it'd be a pretty cool world, with racehorse vets, top architects, columnists, authors, lawyers... I'd love to be in that set :)

I'm aiming high.

EDIT: oh, and President. Or Taoiseach. My friend started a preisdential campaign for me. I'd love that. Although apparently the pizza company won't deliver to Arás an Uachtarán (the President's House) because they always think they're being pranked. Taoiseach'd be cool too. Well-paid as well :D.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Reviews: 3
Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:18 am
Moody says...

I have so many jobs that I'd love to have but my dream job(s) is to be a high school teacher,coach a sport and write novels in my spare time.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:22 am
Alice says...

Librarian
(I'm kinda on my way to becoming a real one already! *flails excitedly*)
Always around books, and a lot of the time they can do what they want to :)
I just lost the game.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:34 am
Snoink says...

It would be awesome to be a camp counselor for our non-existent YWS writing camp!

...but yeah.

Playing around with bioreactors and making sure they work properly would be awesome. :) Or really, anything in the pharmaceutical engineering industry. That stuff sounds fun! Although I am also looking at food processing, which is really exciting in itself, just because of the amount of chemistry and stuff.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:39 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

A published author... And possibly a hobo. Haha.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:18 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

Watch the movie Almost Famous. That's my dream job. :roll:
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:51 am
WaterVyper says...

I want to go into songwriting. Poetry is a start, but songwriting is another thing altogether. I know how to play an instrument, so that's fine. I don't actually want to perform, but I want to compose songs. It's enjoyable, and I'm working on one right now.

Next, I want to be a teacher or a private tutor or something, private tutor preferred. I can especially help with math and science, but I'm flexible. Helping people is quite fun actually.

Or, if all else fails, I want to try bio-engineering. It sounds interesting.

This is it, really.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman