z

Young Writers Society

Mustangs are legally slaughtered!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:37 pm
View Likes
Dreami says...

I need a time to rant, and discuss this story.

Now that our president has allowed people to drag mustangs of land they have been living on for thousands of years, what next? Is he going to let us disrespect our flag? Or not show off our Declaration Of Independance?Mustangs have been around much longer than any of that crap, as American as anything. If I go out on West for a trip and I can't see Mustangs, the trip is worthless. And mustangs aren't a bunch of filth and unwanted, their blood that flows in them traces back to some of the purest breeds, Lipizanner and the Old Spanish Horse!They take care of themselves by doing away with the bad, and so only the strongest live. And mustangs have more sense than anyone in there hoof alone! How many people are there that could live in the Wild west, defensless, and still survive winter and animals around? None but the mustang himself!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... ild_horses

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:04 am
View Likes
nickelpickle says...

I just read about the fact that Congress is no longer protecting the wild horses. They did this without debate, without any objection and apparently without any thought. They also said that it is perfectly legal, never mind the moral aspect of it, to slaughter wild horses older than ten because, and I quote, "they are untrainable". I know for a fact that horses over ten are not untrainable and that the mustang, which is a great American tradition should never be slaughtered.

Horse loving,
Nicole

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:26 am
View Likes
marching_gurl89 says...

thats ridicuals.Animals need to be protected. We don't own the Earth we borrow it from our children.What about the future generations.Its descions like this that cause the problems with our envirement.Not worrying about the long term effects like dirupting the food chain.Mustangs are so beautiful they're so wild and free.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:04 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

If my tear ducts worked properly, I would probably be sobbing.

I do not support killing animals for any reason other than meat or if they are a really sick pet and it would put them out of their misery. Hey guess what people? We're animals too! Would you support killing people once they reach a certain age? Of course you wouldn't! Unless you're an ageist Hitler.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou