z

Young Writers Society

The 'Shift' Key

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:59 pm
WaterVyper says...

I've been using the shift key for as long as I can remember. I just do it automatically. It's kind of weird using the Caps Lock key, but I guess it's because I haven't used it for anything aside from codes, keys, and the like. Ah well. Each to his (her) own.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:09 am
andimlovegalore says...

It would take me ages if I had to use the capslock every time I wanted to capitalise something. I guess my little finger just jumps back to the shift key on its own. I don't even think about it. I could never use caps lock >.> it's actually an effort to try. I only do that if I want to write a whole load of stuff in capitals (and that isn't gonna happen often really ^^)

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:11 pm
Incognito says...

To tell you the truth, my favourite key is the 'Shift Key'. You never have to worry about me not capitalizing my letters but I tend to capitalize things unecessarily. It surely is a horrible problem of mine. The 'Shift Key' is one awesome ket and is one of the largest keys and I surely agree that people really should use the 'Shift Key' more often. And yes, you can use the Caps Lock even though I have absolutely no idea how you guys do that becayse it just seems so odd to me, as long as you capitalize the proper words. Do not be lazy because being lazy gets you nowhere.
:D

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:47 am
Mars says...

I'm a shift-er. And yes, it is annoying, though I have done it (especially in poetry; Snoink, you're so right!) But does anyone else have certain letters that they really hate? I hate the capital 'W'. It's just so....blegh.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:29 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

A die-hard 'shift' key advocate here. I'd never even thought of using the 'caps lock' key before to capitalize. It's weird to try and use it. I find that I turn it on, then actually unconsciously use the 'shift' key, and forgetting to turn off 'caps lock', which results in things cOMing oUT lIKE tHIS.

Odd. 'Shift' key for the win, my friends.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:18 pm
Fishr says...

Uhm.

<huggles Shift Key>
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:25 am
Phantomofthebasket says...

Hmm. I'm most definately a Shift-ket person.
Its just always there...
My pinky does it automatically, I don't even have to think about it. What I do have to think about, though, is actually spelling words write, since usually at first when I write them I'm spelling a crap load wrong since I'm such a fast typer... =P

Hmm... pressing Caps Lock is weird.
Me no like... =/
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:51 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

What I do have to think about, though, is actually spelling words write...

Failure.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 am
Elelel says...

... people actually use caps lock? How peculiar. I love the shift key. It's fun to lean on.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:28 am
MeadowLark says...

I always use the shift key. It's like automatic. I can't stand it when things aren't capitlizied. It seems so...improper. Even when I'm chatting with my friends and I'm talking like this:

What's new with you? How you been doin'?

While they're like this:

nothin new with me u? im good to how bout u?

What's wrong with captials? Ugh, annoying. I'm not so good at the cap locks button. Let me try:

The pony went skipping down the road with a hip and a hop. MErrily she went along with a tip and a tap. HOw happy she was dancing to the lovely melody of Dirty DEEDS Done DIrt CHeap.

Okay, so it isn't that hard. I just forget to push the button again. It seems, some how, easier to use the shift. My pinky just pushes that button without a thought. Huh.
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:08 pm
LilyJamey says...

I auto-use the Shift key, although our computer teacher taught us to use Capslock. My dad beat her to it - I grew up using Shift.

I try not to use CAps unless I REally intend to put everything in CAps. Argh. So not working.
Got YWS?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:53 pm
Hannah says...

Why would you even use the capslock button!? Who teachers that!? I even sometimes end up just holding down the shift key for a whole sentence in capitals, you know? Capslock is like an outdated key for me. D:

SEE I AM HOLDING DOWN SHIFT RIGHT NOW!

Caps lock...

Hahaha. xD I tried writing with capslock and it came out lowercase because I automatically pressed shift too. <_<

Hello my name is Hannah. Yuck. YUCK at capslock. :C
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:46 am
Evi says...

[double-post]

Sorry. :oops:
Last edited by Evi on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:36 am
Evi says...

Ha, why do we even have this thread if everyone agrees that Shift Key is the undisputed champion? I never use Caps Lock. Never. Ever. EVER!

Not even there. That was all shift. ;)
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:29 am
100xstupid says...

It's all about the shift key :D

Honestly, though, it's so much quicker. HANG on, field test. D'oh! Yep, caps lock confuses me. I only use it when somebody is shouting, but I prefer just a simple exclaimation mark and/or some good old bold text.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
-Socrates

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster