z

Young Writers Society

The 'Shift' Key

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:38 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hmm. I'm going to try to write this with caps lock.

I don't see why people can't use the shift key. it's QUITE IMPle to use.

Oh... that didn't work well.
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:36 am
View Likes
thunder_dude7 says...

I knew I use the shift key, but I just found out I always use the left one - never the one on the right. Maybe the capital I caused me to train myself to use that side?

Alright, let's try starting a sentence with a key on the right...

Well...hmm. I tried to use the right key and automatically hit the left one at the same time. Odd.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:51 am
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I use the right shift key too.
Ahaha, I did that same thing Thunder, it's like my pinky's on autopilot.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:53 am
View Likes
Dahlia says...

After two years of keyboarding classes...I've become accustomed to using the shift keys depending on which side the capitalized word is on...I don't think I could use the caps lock key...it seems like it takes too much effort when you could just press one key once...
Do you want a critique by Dahlia? If so, Click here!

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien