Young Writers Society

Survey

Reviews: 2
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:11 am
Shyjenn84 says...

1.Total number of books you own?
hmm wow.. umm prob over 150 .

2.What was the last book you bought?
the last book i bought was Brisingr (the Eragon series)

3.What was the last book you read?
Last book i finished was Breaking Dawn after reading it twice before but now im reading Brisinger

4.List 3 books that are particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order):
hmm 1 The Catcher in the Rye.- god i remember reading that book when i was in 9th grade and i read it in 2 days it was the first book i think i actually felt like i was in it i could see everything so clearly its weird but yea..
2. Twilight- Yeah im one of those lol .. i dont even need to explain it lol but ive read the series prob 8 times except for the last one
3. Of mice and Men- first book i ever cried after reading.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo~ Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:56 am
jules4848 says...

1) Total Number of Books You Own: I never really counted.
Before my sister moved out: about 500
After my sister moved out: between 100-200

-we like the same kind of books so we would just borrow each others

2)What was the last book you bought?

I actually bought two but I only remember one: The Breadwinner by Deborah Ellis. (It was good, but I felt the ending was rushed and I want to know more!) I only bought this book for a school project, though.

3) What was the last book you read?

This is a tough one. Besides the Breadwinner I began to read Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper (yes I know that it's a very old book) and I also read "Cask" (shortened title) by Edgar Allan Poe

4) List 3 books that are particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order):

A) 'Wayside Stories' by Louis Sacher. This serious was actually what got me into reading and writing. Sacher writes in the strangest ways yet I can't read other books like Wayside Stories unless Louis Sacher wrote it.

B) Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce. My sister gave me this book and many of Pierce's stories followed. She has since become my favorite teen writer. I mainly love her books for her female heroes.

C) The Briar King by Greg Keyes. I stumbled upon this book when I was looking through my sister book shelf. I later got yelled at for taking it because the book was to 'mature' for me. I read it anyway. This book opened my mind to what adult fantasy authors are capable of. I hate stories that jump from one character to the next, but somehow Greg Keyes did this in a way that I enjoy it. This has also made Greg Keyes my favorite adult writer. I am on the last book in the series, but I have misplaced the book somehow ever since I came back from Disney. Oops!
Searching For An Explanations...
http://www.realityhitchhiker.blogspot.com/

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:11 am
WaterVyper says...

1.Total number of books you own?
Meh. It would take too long to count them all. Maybe around 300-400

2.What was the last book you bought?
The Afghan

3.What was the last book you read?
Wolf Island by Darren Shan

4.List 3 books that are particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order):
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
Firewing by Kenneth Oppel
Among the Brave by Margaret Peterson Haddix

I think that's it. I can't really be accurate for the last question since tons of them have been important. Also because I tend to mesh all my reading projects together. For school, I have three books that are mandatory, I want to finish Inkdeath, The Event Group, and The Afghan. Yes, I am reading them all at the same time.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:30 pm
Stori says...

1. How many books do you own?
I think the best answer to that is "about two dozen."

2. What was the last book you bought?
Actually, I bout four or five. The Catswold Portal (very interesting, and about cats), Alien Chronicles (interesting perspective), Star Trek: The Return (it's by William Shatner), and The Lost King (an old sci-fi)

Oh, and Internet Detectives: Escape Key. It's one of my few favorite mysteries.

3. What was the last book you read?
The Alien Chronicles: The Golden One. As I said, a very interesting perspective.

4. List three books that are meaningful to you?

a. Martin the Warrior. This was the first serious novel I read, and it got me hooked on both Brian Jacques and reading.

b. Auralia's Colors. The writing is very vivid, and it's an original idea. Recommended.

b. White Fang. One of the only classics I'll actually read. I have a battered but still serviceable Aladdin Classics edition.

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:48 pm
Fire Light says...

Wow, Nate, that many?

1.Total number of books you own? Hmm... the last un-official count, not even counting all of the cook books in the laundry room, or all the books in my sister's room, it was about 1625 or so before my family got so peeved at me they yelled at me to stop. ( :( )
2.What was the last book you bought?Umm... i think it was "The True Meaning of the Zodiac" by: Doctor D. James Kennedy.
3.What was the last book you read? oh, i don't know, probably one of the cutesy ones at school that they call "high level."
4.List 3 books that are particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order): The Foxes of First Dark, by: Garry Kilworth. That book has some very deep thoughts about life...
The Holy Bible, by: about thirty different authors.
i'm sure there's at least one more, but i can't think of it right now...

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley