z

Young Writers Society

AC DC still rocks

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 pm
andrewlavrenz says...

For all those music critics who said AC DC was nothing more than a bunch of dried up old has-beens, Sunday Nov 23rds concert in the Excel Energy Center in St Paul Minnesota was a giant slap in the face.

Being my favorite band, I had never had the pleasure of seeing them in concert. They far surpassed my expectations. I was worried going in to the event that the band would only play songs off their new album, as most newer bands do. Not AC DC, they played 5 songs off the new album, and rest were classics. I counted 17 songs in all, lasting a solid hour and a half.

The band proved they still had what it takes to put on a blistering, hard rocking, face paced performance that they are oh so famous for. Angus was in peak performance, doing his usual antics. Running all over the stage, from side to side, doing his duck walk. At one point he came out to the end of the stage, which then raised up 30-40 feet, and Angus did a 3 minute guitar solo raised up in the middle of the arena.

They pulled out all their old tricks, which I was hoping for. They had their old friend Rosie there, the Hell’s Bell, The cannons for the song “For Those About To Rock”. Angus also did another 7 minute guitar solo during “Let There Be Rock”, and raised up out of the bowels of the stage with devil horns on to play “Highway to Hell“. They added a giant old steam locomotive on stage for their ever popular song off the new album “Rock and Roll Train”

Half way thru the concert a fan in the front row offered Brain Johnson a beer, which he grabbed, and took a big drink of, handed it back to him and said “I’ll be back”.

Another usual trait of drummer Phil Rudd was he had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth while drumming, which is his signature look. It was a smoke free facility, but he had one burning thru most of the concert.

All in all it was a superb concert. I was EXTREMELY pleased. The best part was getting to experience it with my beautiful wife on my arm, and my best friend Simon by my side. I will remember the night for the rest of my life.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 pm
Rydia says...

*Moved to entertainment*
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:06 am
rld77 says...

I agree whole-heartedly. They still shake all night long. :D

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:09 am
alwaysawriter says...

AC DC is awesome. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:33 pm
Runelord says...

It was a long way to the top but they always rock and roooll
Speling mestackes ink.

Flowing scribble

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And monkeys do (if they have a gun)- Eddie Izzard

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:09 pm
darko.demark666 says...

I'm going to their tribute band this Saturday.. They still rock...and they'll never stop...
Dreams they come and go...ever shall be so...

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 pm
darko.demark666 says...

I'm going to their tribute band this Saturday.. They still rock...and they'll never stop...
Dreams they come and go...ever shall be so...

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:37 pm
MeadowLark says...

ACDC rocks! My whole family (except my mom) loves them. My brother has a million of their cds. They can keep going...they're new songs are awesome!
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper