z

Young Writers Society

The Official Pure Awesomness Award

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:52 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

So how does one achieve impure awesomeness?

You already have impure awesomeness. Everybody does.

The difference is honing that awesomeness. Flaunt your best characteristics and downplay your not-so-good traits. I do it all the time. It's hard to keep all my pure awesomeness inside me. Snoink does it in a different way - posting advice for writing to show talent, being a good person...it all adds up to pure awesomeness.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:51 pm
Rydia says...

Your award amuses me XD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:56 pm
JabberHut says...

The difference is honing that awesomeness. Flaunt your best characteristics and downplay your not-so-good traits.

Well, I'm out. xD

But I'm thinking Heather should be in the running. :wink:
I make my own policies.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:14 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Nope, I'm not a flaunter. That suggests boasting and I'd really rather not because there simply isn't anything to boast about, I'd run out of traits to mention and then feel silly.

I think it suits Snoink though ;)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 pm
Snoink says...

Haha, believe me, after Quantum Mechanics, I'm afraid my ego, and thus my flaunting ability, has died. Which is sad, but whatever.

However! I'm sure Teague can manage...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:30 pm
Lord Anzius says...

The award is where it should be!

Three Hoorays for Snoink!!!!

Huray!

Huray,

Huray!.. Oh what the heck. Huray!!

Four Hoorays.

C")
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

Random avatar

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:06 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Nope, I'm not a flaunter. That suggests boasting and I'd really rather not because there simply isn't anything to boast about, I'd run out of traits to mention and then feel silly.

I'm sorry, that was the word that came to mind. But drawing attention to your good characteristics will do. As I said, Snoink has shown off her talent without directlly bragging about it by simply pretending to give helpful advice to novices, while she really was trying to win my award.

That's why she joined in the first place. She wanted my award, and this was a good place to get my attention.

Yes, she joined before me. You didn't know that Griffinkeeper's friend's dad knows this guy who is going out with the girl who had phychics in her lineage and could thus predict me joining YWS?

When Griffinkeeper joined YWS, Snoink caught on and joined.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 pm
Snoink says...

Except... I joined before Griffinkeeper. :P He joined on April 2, I joined on April 1, just a couple hours before.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:33 pm
KailaMarie says...

Except... I joined before Griffinkeeper.

Oh snap!

And congratulations Snoink! -throws confetti in air, waits till it hits the ground then picks it up and throws it again- :smt023
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

Random avatar

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:21 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

[s]But wait...I have an explanation!

See, Snoink went to the same phychic that Griffinkeeper went to - his friend's dad's friend's girlfriend. Anyway, Snoink went to her shortly after Griffinkeeper's visit, and she found out the exact time Griffinkeeper would join YWS. She then figured that she could just join a bit before him and win the award. She then went to a nearby friend's house to join sooner and got in first.[/s]

Liar!

See, you said you joined on April 1. That's April fool's day, so you must be lying.

Oh, and it says that you joined April 2. Nice try.

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage