z

Young Writers Society

Homosexuality

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:23 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

I'm am so pissed right now. I forget how the subject came up, but my mother's boyfriend was saying how he didn't like gay people and how he didn't think it was right. I turned to my mom for support, but her opinions even stronger! She's trying to convince me, "God didn't intend two people of the same sex to be together." Being an atheist, she wasn't so successful with that argument. She then starts saying things like, "It's not normal, it's unacceptable," and so on.

I asked her if she would still be friends with a homosexual person. She says no and says she wouldn't want anything to do with them. She says it would make her uncomfortable, and she says that I don't think so because I'm from a different generation. I said, "Two people who love each other should be together!" "They can love each other, like how a girl can love her best friend..." She's totally opposed to gay marriage. I just... I can't believe this. She thinks it's disgusting. I'm not gay, and everybody who knows me knows I'm definitely not a lesbian ( :wink: ), but I just don't think that's right. Her opinion is so adamant it makes me sick. I know there's free speech and all, and she should be entitled to her opinion, but it just isn't right. I can't believe she's even my mother. I've lived with her all my life, and I guess now that I'm older she can express her f*****-up opinions more freely. Excuse my language.
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:37 am
lukas8u says...

Well.. my parents are just as progressive as you (probably are) and I, so I never had to deal with that.

All i was wondering, Do you refer to Athiest as you, or as your mother?

I would find it really odd if an [url]athiest[/url] such as i am, who always get persecuted, would be so upset with gay rights.
Political blog, (with a liberal lean)
Here

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:41 am
Galerius says...

If that's what she believes, that's what she believes. Moral relativity.

Also, I find it hilarious when, 90% of the time, those who try to defend homosexuality always make sure to let us know that they are not homosexual themselves.

"Hi guys! Before I begin, you should know that I AM IN NO WAY GAY, NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN, NOR WILL I EVER BE. Ahem...so, homosexuality is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle."

What are you people so afraid of?

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:53 am
Trident says...

Sorry, but I believe there's a thread on this in the Debate group forum. This sort of issue doesn't really belong in the lounge.
Perception is everything.

the button war, the egg being featured member, and santa necro-liking halloween-esque works are the reasons i love yws
— Carina